FANDOM


m (Reverted edits by Brandon1991 (talk) to last version by The Puffle Planet.)
Line 8: Line 8:
 
|firstgame = ''Metroid'' (1986)
 
|firstgame = ''Metroid'' (1986)
 
|availability = [[Starter]]
 
|availability = [[Starter]]
|tier = A+
+
|tier = N/A
|ranking = 4
+
|ranking = N/A
 
}}
 
}}
   

Revision as of 12:29, August 11, 2015

This article is about Zero Suit Samus' appearance in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U. For other uses, see Zero Suit Samus.

Zero Suit Samus was confirmed for Super Smash Bros. (Wii U and 3DS) in the Super Smash Bros. Wii U/ 3DS Nintendo Direct as a separate character, unlike in Brawl.

Attributes

Zero Suit Samus got some buffs since Brawl, one of the most noticeable being her new side smash, which can strongly launch opponents now. Zero Suit Samus is very quick and has good air play.

Differences from Brawl

Zero Suit Samus actually received many buffs, despite being a high tier character in Brawl. Her recovery and range are improved, however some of her moves have decreased KO potential. She is also no longer capable of transforming into Power Suit Samus, now being a separate character from her.

Appearance-wise, Zero Suit Samus jumpsuit has been refined, with details in darker blue as well the addition of jet boots.

Attributes

  • Now wears a pair of jet boots, which releases a burst of fire during all her kick attacks, increasing its powers.
  • Her whip is slightly longer in all her related attacks.
  • Higher second jump.
  • No longer able to pick up the pieces of the broken Power Suit and throw at enemies.

Ground Attacks

  • Forward Tilt has slightly less startup lag.
  • Forward Smash has a different animation, where Zero Suit Samus performs a double kick forward, with the second hit causing a small blast of fire. It faster and deals more damage and knockback.
  • Down Smash is faster and the blast has a larger hitbox, however it deals less damage and slightly decreased hitstun, even when fully charged.
  • Dash Attack has a different animation, where Zero Suit Samus charges with a flying knee rather than a flying kick, which has much lower range. It also deals slightly less damage, but higher knockback.

Aerial Attacks

  • Neutral Aerial is much faster and with slightly longer range.
  • Back Aerial deal less damage.
  • Up Aerial has a different animation, with Zero Suit Samus kicking in an arc, increasing the horizontal range. However, it deal less damage.
  • Down Aerial now causes a small shockwave when Zero Suit Samus lands, causing small damage and knockback.

Grabs and Throws

  • All throws deal increased knockback.
  • Grab has much less ending lag.
  • Grab Aerial now functions like Samus', Link's and Toon Link's. She fires her whip forward, which has long range and almost no landing lag.
  • Back Throw deals slighlty more damage.
  • Down Throw is faster and sends opponents almost directly above Zero Suit Samus.
  • Grab range is slightly shorter but less lag.

Special Attacks

  • Plasma Whip deals less damage and much lower knockback, even when sweetspotted.
  • New Up Special, Boost Kick, replaces her old one, Plasma Wire. It propels Zero Suit Samus upwards, with a kick, covering high vertical range. If it connects with an opponent, she will also end with spin kick that causes high knockback.
  • Flip Jump has a different animation, with Zero Suit Samus kicking rather than attacking with a body slam. Additionally, when connecting, she will bounce from her opponent, gaining vertical boost. However, it causes less knockback.
  • New Final Smash, Gunship, replaces her old one, Power Suit Samus. In this one, Zero Suit Samus jumps offscreen aboard her Gunship, where the player controls a curso to fire high concentrated energy beams at the opponents, which are multi-hit and inflict knockback by the end. It is similar to Snake's Final Smash in Brawl.

Moveset

Ground Attacks

  • Standard Combo: Jabs the opponent, then hits them with her pistol, then elbows them. Whole combo: 6%.
  • Side Tilt: Does a spin kick with a boost from her jet boots.Can be tilted. Closest 8%. Regular 7%. Farthest 8%
  • Up Tilt: Stands on her hands and swings her legs into the air. The attack can hit twice. 5%, then 7%. 12% combined.
  • Down Tilt: Kicks forward, low to the ground, with a boost from her jet boots . She moves a bit forward as she does it. 8%.
  • Dash attack: Boosts herself forward with her boots, knees lifted. 8%.

Smash Attacks

  • Side Smash: Does a spin kick, then follows with a second kick with the sole of her boots, which explode in flames.
    • Uncharged: 5% and 11%, total 16%.
    • Fully charged: 7% and 15%, total 22%.
  • Up Smash: Flails her plasma whip above her head. Damage is somewhat unpredictable, as it hits multiple times.
    • Uncharged: 7%~11%.
    • Fully charged: 9%~15%.
  • Down Smash: Fires a paralyzing shot right next to her feet. Not good for launching (can only KO at about 220% damage), but an opponent struck by it will be paralyzed for a shot duration, so its good for setting up combos.
    • Uncharged: 8%.
    • Fully charged: 11%.

Other attacks

  • Edge Attack: Climbs the edge and does a sweeping kick. 7%.
  • Rise Attack: Gets up swing legs around. 7%.
  • Tether(as attack in the air): Shoots her Whip forward. if sweet spotted 6%, if not 3%.

Aerial Attacks

  • Neutral Air: Swings her plasma whip horizontally around her. 10%.
  • Front Air: Kicks twice in front of her with a boost of her jet boots. 5% and 7%, total 12%.
  • Up Air: Kicks in a loop with a boost of her jet boots. 8%.
  • Down Air: Gets boosted downwards with her leg outstretched. Also does damage when she lands. 5% in the air, 6% landing impact. 11% total.
  • Back Air: Kicks backwards with a boost of her jet boots. 12%.

Grabs and Throws

  • Zero suit samus uses her plasma whip to grab opponents and for tether recoveries.
  • Pummel: A quick knee kick. 2%.
  • Up throw: Quickly kicks the opponent twice as she performs a somersault. 2% then 8%, total 10%.
  • Frontal throw: Shocks the opponent with her pistol. 2% then 7%, total 9%.
  • Back throw: Kicks opponent to her back. 2% then 4%, total 6%.
  • Down throw: Lays the opponent on the ground then kicks him. 2% then 5%, total 7%.

Special Moves

Zero Suit Samus's Special Moves
Brawl SSBWU/3DS Ultimate
Standard Special Paralyzer
Side Special Plasma Whip
Up Special Plasma Wire Boost Kick
Down Special Flip Jump
Final Smash Power Suit Samus Gunship Zero Laser

Zero Suit Samus's Custom Special Moves
Custom 1 Custom 2
Standard Special Blast Shot Electromagnetic Net
Side Special Plasma Dash Whip Lash
Up Special Impact Kick Lateral Kick
Down Special Shooting Star Flip Kick Low Flip

Taunts

  • Up Taunt: Throws her pistol, spins around and catch it while saying "Is that all?".
  • Side Taunt: Waves her plasma whip around while saying "Try me.".
  • Down Taunt: Spins around with her plasma whip while saying "You're mine.".

In Competitive Play

To Be Added

Trophy Description

Zero Suit Samus

ZamusTrophy3DS

Samus is far from helpless when her Power Suit is deactivated, Sure, she loses a lot of the moves and weapons she had access to before, but her Jet Boots pick up the slack! She also has the Paralyzer, a versatile weapon that can shock her rivals or change into a Plasma Whip to grab edges and enemies.

  • GBA - Metroid: Zero Mission (02/2004)
  • Wii - Metroid: Other M (08/2010)

Zero Suit Samus (Alt)

Zero Suit Samus's up special Boost Kick involves a series of fast kicks that end with a swift, sideways-launching one. A perfectly executed attack will hit eight times! Her down special Flip Jump can bury a grounded fighter in the dirt. She can kick mid-flip by pressing the special button.

Other Features

  • Zero Suit Samus has a new Final Smash, in which she uses her gunship to shoot at enemies.
  • Zero Suit Samus is one of a few characters who can use tether to grab on to ledges.

Costume Gallery

Trivia

  • Zero Suit Samus is now a separate character, alongside Sheik and Charizard, since Sakurai stated characters can no longer change during matches in any form.
  • Zero Suit Samus has been given Rocket Boots which from the looks of the trailer have powered her up, and the boots have now given her a recovery.
  • Zero Suit Samus had no voice in the invitational.
  • Similar to Samus, Zero Suit Samus's new design is mostly based off of Metroid: Other M, with the exception of certain elements.

Gallery

External links

Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.