The Video Editor is a feature in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate that was introduced in the 3.0.0 update. It allows the player to add videos, snapshots, text, music, and transitions to make them into one video. A microSD card with saved videos is required. These videos can also be uploaded to Smash World, an app that can be downloaded on mobile devices.
Some limitations were set for the video editor. Many of these include the following:
- Videos of battles in custom stages cannot be used.
- Videos made in previous versions cannot be used.
- When split, video clips must be at least a second long, or they get deleted.
- Only one clip of text can be added in each video.
- Only one project can be saved at a time. Saving again overwrites the last saved project you were working on.
- Only screenshots taken via the Snapshot feature in battles and replays can be used. Screenshots taken with the capture button or screenshots with added text from the Switch's Album cannot be used.
- In addition, snapshots from previous versions cannot be used.