The Video Editor is a feature in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate that was introduced in the 3.0 update. It allows the player to add videos, snapshots, text, music, and transitions to make them into one video. These videos can also be uploaded to Smash World.
Limitations were set for the video editor, many of them include:
- Inability to use videos of battles in custom stages
- Videos made in previous versions cannot be used
- All video clips must be at least a second long or they get deleted
- Only one clip of text can be added
- Only one project can be saved. Saving again overwrites the last save
- Only screenshots taken via the snapshot feature in battles and replays can be used. Screenshots taken with the capture button or screenshots with added text from the HOME Menu cannot be used.
- In addition, snapshots from previous versions cannot be used.