- Kotaku - "The Majora's Mask 3DS Is Sold Out For Now"
- Kotaku - "Best Buy Mistake Screws Some People Out Of Majora's Mask 3DSes"
- "Majora’s Mask New Nintendo 3DS XL Sells Out From Target In Less Than 5 Minutes"
- "Fry’s Electronics Now Cancelling Majora’s Mask New 3DS XL Pre-Orders"
- "GameStop says Zelda: Majora’s Mask New 3DS sold out within 15 minutes online, in-store pre-orders could be gone as well"
- "Best Buy cancels more Majora’s Mask New 3DS XL pre-orders, including reservations with just one system"
- "Fry's Electronics Cancels Some New Nintendo 3DS Majora's Mask System Pre-Orders Due to Excessive Demand"
- "Fry’s customers meet terrible fate: Majora’s Mask 3D Edition New Nintendo 3DS XL orders canceled"
- BestBuy.com - "This item is no longer available."
- Target.com - (pre-order button greyed out)
- GameStop.com - "Not Available"
- Amazon.com - (people selling their preorders for around $400-$600)
First the "rare" and "exclusive" Amiibos, and now this...
Here's some advice for the execs at Nintendo: If people want the goods and services you're selling, make sure they'll have the opportunity to buy them! They are customers! They have money! And they want to give it to you in exchange for your products! This is a GOOD thing!
I think there are some people in Nintendo's sales/marketing department who need to pull their heads out of whatever dark place they currently have them shoved.
- Kotaku - "Nintendo Sure Screwed Up The Majora's Mask New 3DS Launch"
- "Sold out: The story of the New 3DS XL, Amiibos, and Nintendo"
- "'Super Scalpers' commander gaming industry"
- "The Danger of Limited Edition Pricing and Resellers"