I think Pichu should return for Smash 4. Don't bash me for it, but I think Pichu has so much more potential than it did in Melee. There are rumors about the Pichu in Melee evolving into the Pikachu in Brawl and Smash 4, so a new Pichu can possibly replace the other one. Here are some ideas for its moveset and other stuff.
Neutral Attack - Jabs its head forward, can chain into itself. Pretty fast. 3-4% damage per jab.
Forward Tilt - Shoves both of its feet forward. Low range and knockback, but is a fast move. 8% damage.
Up Tilt - Swipes its tail in an arch above itself. Very low range and somewhat slow, though sets up for aerial combos and follow ups. 6% damage.
Down Tilt - Swipes its tail in front of it. 7% damage.
Dash Attack - Sticks its head out and trips mid-dash. 8% damage.
Forward Smash - Launches a short jolt of electricity from its cheeks. Very powerful finisher, KOs at somewhat low %s. Incredible knockback when fully charged, KOs light characters at very low damages near the edge. Several hits that add up to 12% uncharged, 16% fully charged. Always has a 2% damage recoil regardless of charge time.
Up Smash - Headbutts upwards, good finisher. 16% uncharged, 20% fully.
Down Smash - Quickly spins in place. It looks like it has more range than normal and has invisible frames. 13% uncharged, 17% fully charged.
Ledge Attack - Gets up and flips its tail. 8% damage.
100% Ledge Attack - Slowly gets up and swipes its tail. 7% damage.
Floor Attack - Gets up and spins its tail around. 6% damage.
Neutral Aerial - Spins around. Has a generous hitbox. 12% damage.
Forward Aerial - Jolts many electrical shocks from its cheeks. Around 7% damage.
Back Aerial - Flips to its rear many times, though only has one hitbox. 9% damage.
Up Aerial - Flips up and thrusts its tail. Sets up many combos on fast fallers. 4% damage.
Down Aerial - Releases many electrical shocks from its cheeks downward. Around 14% if all hits connect. 1% recoil damage to Pichu, but can meteor smash at high percentages.
Grabs & Throws:
Pummel - Zaps opponent with electricity. 2-3% damage per pummel. 1% recoil damage to Pichu per pummel.
Forward Throw - Puts foe on its back and zaps them. 9% damage to foe.
Back Throw - Does many rolls backwards and tosses foe. 9% damage.
Up Throw - Tosses foe up and headbutts them with electricity. 10% damage to foe.
Down Throw - Launches foe to floor and zaps them. 10% damage to foe and, just like its Up Throw.
- Neutral Special - Thunder Jolt 4%
- Side Special - Skull Bash 5-40% (travels farther and does slightly more damage than in Melee)
- Up Special - Agility 1-3%
- Down Special - Thunder 5% (meteor) 14% (blast)
- Final Smash - Wild Charge (a weaker version of Volt Tackle) 6% each spark.
Up Taunt: Jumps up and down four times, chanting "Pichu!"
Side Taunt: Dances around, saying "Pichu, Pi!"
Down Taunt: Lies on the ground and cuddles around, chanting "Pichu!"
Emerges from a Poké Ball, then briefly surrounds itself in electric sparks.
Jumps while looking side to side.
Leans slightly forward while looking side to side for a slightly longer duration, twitching its ears while doing so.
Dances excitedly then jumps around three times in a circle.
Spins around twice on one foot, then jumps up twice while clapping both its feet.
Jumps up twice, then jump up high a third time while spinning and waves at the screen before landing, chanting "Pi-chu!"
An excerpt from the main theme of Pokémon: Red and Blue. This theme is shared with the rest of the Pokemon characters.
- Yellow: Based of off Pichu's most recent appearance in the games and anime.
- Spiky-Eared: Based off of the Spiky-Eared Pichu's found in the games and anime.
- Red: Gives Pichu a red strap around its right ear, returns from Melee.
- Green: Wears a green backpack, returns from Melee.
- Blue: Wears blue goggles, from Melee.
- Orange: Pichu is colored orange, referencing the final evolution, Raichu.
- Red: Wears a hat similar to Lucas, the male trainer from Pokémon Diamond" and "Pokémon Pearl".
- Cyan: Wears a hat similar to Hilbert, the male trainer from "Pokémon Black" and "Pokémon White".
Changes from Melee:
- Pichu has been buffed overall.
- Pichu rarely takes damage when using electric attacks.
- Pichu's appearance has been updated to match the latest Pokémon games, such as the Generation V and VI main series games and the most recent episodes in the Pokémon anime; its model has been altered and Pichu's coloration is also considerably brighter in comparison to its previous appearance in Melee.
- Pichu has some new voice clips, in addition to keeping some old ones.
- Pichu frowns more often when attacking.
- Pichu is now given grimacing expressions when grabbed or landed on the ground after being launched.
- Skull Bash travels farther when charged and can be charged like a smash attack.
- Skull Bash has a different charging position.
- Skull Bash is slightly stronger.
- Quick Attack has a new technique called Quick Attack Ledge Cancel, which can be used on ledges, moving platforms and tilting stages.
- Thunder falls faster and has more combo potential and meteor smashes, despite being very difficult to edgeguard and combo at high percentage. The meteor smash hitbox can set up into shockwave hitbox around Pichu, allowing Pichu to have KO set-ups like Pikachu.
- Thunder has shorter vertical range, and more difficult to land.
So what do you guys think? None of this is true, just some ideas. Feel free to share opinions down on the comments below.