||it all starts with Sackboy, the little guy.
|—Description from the Super Smash Blog.
Sackboy is a veteran fighter in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. He was confirmed to return on June 13, 2018 during E3 2018 and eventually the secondary protagonist of Adventure Mode: World of Light
- Excellent recovery.
- Small hitbox.
- Very high crouch.
- Slightly above-average dash speed.
- Can do Up Tilt combos on fast-falling characters at high percents.
- Has two Sex Kicks with Neutral Aerial and Back Aerial.
- Down Aerial and the second hit of Box can both Meteor Smash.
- Light, making him easy to KO.
- can’t defend very well against projectiles.
- Somewhat weak neutral attacks, making it hard to launch opponents. He also has limited KO moves.
- Very high air speed and falling speed.
- High range on most attacks.
- Predictable and linear recovery.
- High priority on many attacks.
- Very few moves that are safe on shield.
Changes from SSBWU/3DS
- Sackboy no longer falls off the edge when using his dash attack move.
- All of his aerials have more ending lag.
- Ice has faster start-up.
- If Sackboy pulls an opponent, he will do a brief pose, which references his games where he does the same.
- Sackboy now can grab opponent projectiles to free himself. He can now also pull them out as balls.
- Neutral Attack: Punches the opponent twice, then unleashes a flurry of punches that end in a stronger one.
- Forward Tilt: Does a spin kick which can be tilted.
- Up Tilt: Stands on on foot and lifts the other quickly.
- Down Tilt: Kicks forward, high to the ground.
- Dash Attack: Sackboy dashes forward with a fiery spiraling headbutt.
- Forward Smash: Pulls his foot back before powerfully kicking forward.
- Up Smash: Does a backflip, kicking upwards.
- Down Smash: Does a split and spins around.
- Ledge Attack: Quickly climbs the edge and kicks in front of him.
- Neutral aerial: Does a cartwheel.
- Forward aerial: Kicks thrice in front of him.
- Back aerial: Kicks backwards with both of his feet.
- Up aerial: Kicks upward in a loop.
- Down aerial: Sackboy does a downwards drill kick with multiple potential hits.
Grabs and Throws
- Pummel: Punches opponent with his free hand.
- Neutral Special: Spikes
- Side Special: Hammer
- Up Special: Box
- Down Special: Ice
- Up Taunt: Raises a hand and poses with a smile.
- Down Taunt: Looks at the screen waving with both hands.
- Side Taunt: Spins around and poses with a kick.
- Crash on the ground with a mini plane, spin in the air, and land successfully.
- He felt tired.
- he look to the other side.
Sackboy wears a Crown in all three of his victory poses.
- Parappa holds up Sackboy's arm like a referee would after a boxing match.
- Does a few punches towards Parappa, warming up with him.
- Runs and gives his back towards the camera, then turns around, looks above and strikes a pose, while Parappa cheers him on.
- In all of Sackboy's victory poses, Parappa will say one of the following quotes randomly, depending on which pose is selected and which costume is used:
- "Super Smash's all yours Sack!"
- "And the winner is... Sackboy! Hahaha!"
- "Ya got what it takes, Sack!"
- "You win, Sack!"
- "Was that a little too easy for ya, son?"
- "Nice work, Sack. You got it all figured out."
- "Ahh, winnin' feels good, don't it?"
- "Way to go, Sack! You're the champ, baby!"
- "Alright! I think I hear a chocolate bar callin'."
In competitive play
In Spirit Battles
As the Main Opponent
As a Minion
- Two (x2)
- Birthday Boy Blam (x9)
- Brown (default)