So lately, a new leak has been going around the internet of a new Nintendo Direct. It can be seen here but the main thing that got me was the image leaking King K. Rool.
Wow, I never saw that coming. KING K. ROOL? WHAT? There are a few things to prove this could be real and fake, then I will say whether I think it's real or fake.
Points to prove it's real
- Pose looks pretty difficult to fake.
- King K. Rool is heavily requested in the Smash Bros. Fighter Ballot and since Sakurai said that all future characters will be from the Ballot, this could mean that he could be added.
- Just read this and come back to me.
Points to prove it's fake
- Pose looks like an image of his trophy in the game just tilted and photoshopped. King K. Rool trophy and King K. Rool in the leak
- Too many sharp edges which doesn't look like Sakurai would add on a character model into his game.
- Everything else is zoomed in which could mean it's fake because if it was shown in full screen, something could be there giving it away.
I think this leak is 80% fake. Mainly because of the trophy thing. I've compared the two and the leaked KKR definitely looks like the trophy just photoshopped. If that 20% left is real, I will react the same way Etika reacted to Ryu's Classic Mode ending being leaked. This looks extremely convincing but I think it's fake. Do you think this is real or fake? Let me know in the comments.
Grant Kirkhope confirmed that the leak is fake over Twitter: https://mobile.twitter.com/grantkirkhope/status/625378159496540160?p=v