Hey, there. I'm EPX2, but you can call me EP. I'm a relatively new contributor to SmashWiki, having joined September 30, 2007. I've had some prior history dabbling in Wiki-work over at Wikipedia and a personal little Wiki I run to store my ideas.
Hmm... about me? Well, I live in New York City (greatest city in the world, btw) and was born on March 21, 1991. I was introduced to video games through my older brother and sister. I played Super Smash Bros. for the first time while visiting my cousins. While I enjoyed the experience, I largely forgot about the series until the summer of 2006. For a reason that escapes my mind (probably had something to do with the announcement of Super Smash Bros. Brawl), I got the urge to get my hands on the game again. I got my father's credit card and ordered a copy of SSB off eBay. I developed a huge interest in the game, so naturally, my attention started to move towards its sequel, the critically-acclaimed Super Smash Bros. Melee.
After several months of taunting myself with the game by learning all I possibly could about it and watching several Melee videos on YouTube (I even favorited the intro <_<), I decided to purchase the game in December 2006. Unfortunately, I was unable to play the game until a month later as I had never purchased a GameCube and wouldn't buy a Wii until January.
I've become a great fan of the SSB series since then and I'm eagerly anticipating the release of Brawl this coming February (boo, delay!)
Personal Brawl Roster
Personally, I'd rather have all 25 characters from Melee return. I feel that once a character has made their way into the SSB series as a playable character, they should be guaranteed to return as such in any future installments if not for the simple fact that they were once playable.
RED = confirmed
(xxx) = secret character
(Toad) (No, Peach's Toad (move) means nothing; Tron Bonne and Servbot from Marvel vs. Capcom 2 say hi) (Dr. Mario)
- Donkey Kong
- Diddy Kong
(King K. Rool)
- Zelda/Sheik (This is not TP Zelda, people; it's SSB Zelda with a TP-influenced appearance; EDIT: Thanks for proving my point, Sakurai! ;))
(Young Link)- Redesigned as "Toon Link"
(Charizard)Playable, albeit not in the way I personally wanted (standalone character). Yay for...
- Pokemon Trainer! :*D
MeowthPokeball Pokemon =/ In his place...
- (Lucario) (Not confirmed on the DOJO!, though)
- Jigglypuff (No, I didn't forget the parentheses around her name. I just think it's time to retire her as a secret character, freeing up an unlockable spot for a newcomer; not confirmed on the DOJO!)
(Mewtwo)- What a ridiculous omission.
- Meta Knight
- King Dedede
- Wolf O'Donnell - He is to Fox what Luigi is to Fox. Awesome, isn't it? Pfft.
- Ness ("Up until now" means nothing; Sakurai has since used that phrase several times to refer to elements still present in Brawl. Case in point, the handicap update... and the fact that he's been revealed to be in the game [not confirmed on the DOJO!, though])
PooScratch that. Sakurai's obviously interested in representing MOTHER 3, as evidenced by the inclusion of...
- (Lucas) (Since he's quite similar to Ness, who appeared as a starter in Melee, it's only appropriate for Lucas to be made a secret character)
- Marth (Face of Fire Emblem, which makes him a star character. As such, it only makes sense that he be given a starring (starting) position in Brawl)
SigurdHeard that he was a personal favorite of Sakurai's, but I don't really see him making it in after the confirmation of...
- Ice Climbers (LOL @ naive people who believed that G&W/IC/Young Link removal rumor)
- Mr. Game & Watch (is likely to remain the sole represenative of his franchise [who the hell else can they add, anyway?], so why not make him a starter? He'll have lost his surprise aspect once Brawl is released, anyway)
- Captain Falcon
(Samurai Goroh)Actually removed him looooong before he was confirmed as an Assist Trophy in favor of... (Balloon Fighter) (Surprise final unlockable, anyone? So many people are certain that he can't appear due to the fish in The Summit that it'd be priceless to see their reactions upon unlocking him as the final character) (Isaac) (Golden Sun) - Not even Isaac made it in. gg Sakurai (Felix) Captain OlimarConfirmed, but as...
- Pikmin & Olimar
Grand total of
42 35 characters. Pretty sure I'm missing someone here, but whatever.
Please note that the above list isn't necessarily my fantasy roster - it's a combination of characters I'd like to see and those that I feel will make it in regardless of however I feel about them. For example, while I personally think Balloon Fighter would make an interesting addition to the roster, I couldn't care less about Krystal and Lucario.
Turns out I was horribly wrong on many of them, as Krystal was left out in favor of a Fox semi-clone, who even shares the same FS as Fox and Falco.
Below is a list of stages that appeared in SSB and Melee that I'd like to see return in Brawl.
Super Smash Bros.
- Hyrule Castle - My favorite stage from the original game. So simple in design and concept, yet so utterly awesome. I was quite disappointed to see that it didn't return in Melee - hopefully Sakurai won't make that mistake for a second time.
- Congo Jungle or Saffron City
- Mushroom Kingdom
Super Smash Bros. Melee
- Temple CONFIRMED! or Great Bay
- Fountain of Dreams or Green Greens (FoD, preferrably)
- Mute City
- Onett CONFIRMED! or Fourside (Fourside, preferrably)
- Rainbow Cruise CONFIRMED!