The Undead glitch is a glitch in Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Super Smash Bros. 4 that allows Giga Bowser, Wario-Man, Giga Mac, Mega Charizard X, or Mega Lucario to survive after being KO'd in a Stamina match. Whether it may work in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate or not has never been proven.
How to perform
Giga Bowser, Wario-Man, Giga Mac, Mega Charizard X, and Mega Lucario
If the player (as Giga Bowser, Giga Mac, Mega Charizard X, or Mega Lucario) gets their HP depleted, their stamina is reduced to zero hit points 0 HP). Then (with 0 HP), they can continue fighting until the player character is hit by an attack. Being touched by any attack even if it does no damage (such as F.L.U.D.D. by Mario, Water Gun by Squirtle, or using recovery items which normally heals HP in Stamina) still gets the player's character KO'd.
In Stamina, because Wario-Man is invincible, he must damage himself to trigger the glitch. The player must eat explosive items to cause damage and/or use Hoop damage. Both of these attacks gets Wario-Man's HP depleted. Then Wario-Man gets back up with no damage meter at all. Also, in Brawl, Wario-Man counts as dead before the transformation ends, thus, if another player kills all the remaining players, the match ends in Wario-Man's defeat. If Wario-Man KO's his opponents, the winner becomes the last opponent who was defeated by Wario-Man's attack. However, Wario can win the match in Smash 4 (as in Smash 4, he behaves as all characters).
This is no different from having 1 HP in most aspects, but several normally harmless things can still kill the "undead" character:
- Getting hit by F.L.U.D.D. or Water Gun (used by Mario and Squirtle)
- Vacuum effects
- Step on a Banana Peel
- An uncharged Wario Waft
- Falling asleep
- Isaac's attack.
- Using recovery items which normally recovers damage (such as a Maxim Tomato, Heart Container, or Food)
- Giga Bowser, Giga Mac, Mega Charizard X, or Mega Lucario at 0 HP can freely get a Smash Ball again
- All the characters that can induce can win a Stamina match if they defeat all their opponents (at 0 HP). But Wario-Man (in Brawl) is an exception. Instead, if he defeats his opponents, the victory goes to the last character surviving other than Wario-Man.
- Use of a Superspicy Curry will result in the character eating it but without the usual effects.