- This article is about Toon Link's appearance in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. For other uses, see Toon Link.
|“||He's smaller and faster than Link. His bombs explode with a unique anime-style. For his Final Smash, he emits light from his left hand and any opponents hit by it are trapped in the Triforce, subject to a punishing gauntlet of attacks.||”|
|—Description from the Super Smash Blog.|
When unlocked, he is fought at Pirate Ship.
- 1 Attributes
- 2 Summary
- 3 Changes from SSBWU/3DS
- 4 Moveset
- 5 In competitive play
- 6 Palette Swaps
- 7 Gallery
- 8 External links
- Very fast dash speed.
- Can wall jump.
- High priority attacks.
- Most of his attacks have disjointed hitboxes, as he wields a sword.
- Has tether recovery, as well extended grab range.
- His projectiles contribute to a very unique combo game, which combined with his Grab Aerial allows him to do quick pokes or punishes.
- Hylian Shield can block almost any projectile when standing still, walking or crouching. No damage will be taken whatsoever.
- Down Aerial can Meteor Smash.
- His Back Throw is one of the strongest in the game in terms of knockback.
- Lightweight and floaty, being very easy to launch.
- Most of Aerial Attacks have considerable ending lag.
- Lacks reliable setups for combos at close range, relying too much on projectile setups.
- Lack of proper KO moves.
- Can be hurt by his Bombs if they explode while holding them and opponents can pick up Toon Link's Bombs and use it against him.
- Below average recovery, lacking a good aerial movement and reliable recovery move.
- When using up special in mid air, he cannot use any other moves until hanging on a ledge or landing on ground for a second.
Changes from SSBWU/3DS
- Toon Link has a new forward smash in which he performs a backhand upward swing.
Grabs and Throws
- Neutral Attack: overhead slash that launches foes up and away
- Forward Tilt: area-of-effect overhead sword slash that knocks foes away within range
- Up Tilt (Half-Moon Slash): upward sword slash that pops opponents up
- Down Tilt: low sword slash from kneeling position; can trip
- Dash Attack: triple sword slash combo that culminates with knockback
- Forward Smash: low to high upward swing with high damage that launches foes
- Up Smash: air slash that launches enemies up
- Down Smash: crouch with sword sweep
- Floor Attack (Front):
- Floor Attack (Back):
- Floor Attack (Trip):
- Ledge Attack:
- Neutral aerial (Two Part Slash): front and rear slash; good for defense
- Forward aerial: upward swing with knockback
- Back aerial: spin and slash, knocking foes back
- Up aerial: upward sword thrust that launches foes up; great range considering Link's jump height and double-jump
- Down aerial (Sword Plant): downward sword thrust that can meteor smash
Grabs and Throws
- Grab: Hookshot snare; can be used to grab onto a ledge as well
- Forward Throw:
- Back Throw:
- Up Throw:
- Down Throw:
|Toon Link's Special Moves|
|Standard Special||Hero's Bow|
|Up Special||Spin Attack|
|Final Smash||Triforce Slash|
- Up Taunt: Takes out his wand and does whirls it around.
- Down Taunt: A fairy comes out and flies around him as he stares at it in bewilderment.
- Side Taunt: He attacks with his sword randomly as if warding something off.
An anime-like explosion occurs as Toon Link steps out.
In competitive play
To be added
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.