Tips (スマちしき Suma Chishiki, "Sma(sh) Knowledge") are short blurbs of information that appear in both versions of Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. These tips appear in two different locations - their own specialized menu in the Vault, or on the loading screens of the game. Some tips are shared between games, while others are not.
Categories (Wii U/3DS)
The many tips in the game are categorized into different types.
- amiibo tips focus on the use of amiibo.
- Fighter tips mainly provide information about characters' special moves.
- Stage tips give notes about stages.
- Item tips document items, Pokémon, and Assist Trophies.
- Mode tips provide notes about the various modes, including Smash Run and Smash Tour.
- Smash Run tips focus on enemies encountered in Smash Run, as well as its other unique features. (3DS only)
- Smash Tour tips focus on Smash Tour-exclusive features and gameplay. (Wii U only)
- Original Games/Settings (Background Info in Europe) tips explain the origins of characters, their games, and other elements of the game. (Wii U only)
- Other tips document game terminology and otherwise-unsorted notes.
- Fighters - Provides information on fighters, including their origins, special moves, and other gameplay tips.
- Stages - Provides information on stages and hazards.
- Techniques - Provides information on techniques that can be used in-game.
- Spirits - Provides information on Adventure Mode and Spirits in general.
- Items - Provides information on Items in general including Pokémon and Assist Trophies.
- Other - Provides information on various other things, including game modes and rankings.