Down Special --> Footstool Jump
Keep it at: If she tries to footstool jump during her Down B, she gets a special jump that gives her an extremely long horizontal range. This can also be used on teammates and the Sandbag. Proof: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQeG3Pvpp-A kthxbai
- It works on heart containers too, so it's not just fsj. - Gargomon251 23:09, 9 April 2008 (UTC)
ZSS speaks English in the Japanese version of SSBB...?!
I have the Japanese version of SSBB and I tried ZSS...I taunted and she didn't speak Japanese...I'm just noting this...Because nobody has noted this yet... I like cheese (talk) 05:35, 22 July 2008 (UTC)
- No, actually she didn't. While Samus did take off her Power Suit in Metroid, the suit she had underneath was not the Zero suit. If her name was "Suitless Samus", then you might have an argument, but as the very name "Zero Suit Samus" confirms, she originated from Metroid: Zero Mission. --Bman87301 (talk) 21:33, 28 July 2008 (UTC)
Is there a way to make CPUs start as ZSS?
- As the article itself says, there is not, apart from tournys.Bek The Conqueror (talk) 17:27, 16 November 2008 (UTC)
Should we mention the Metal ZSS thing?
lolz--184.108.40.206 05:17, 17 April 2009 (UTC)
Changing "can't take as many hit as standard Samus" to weak attacks or something like that - It goes without saying ZSS can't take many hits if she's light
Removing the thing about her learning curve and how deadly she is - That's an opinion. Besides, if she was incredibly deadly, don't you think she would be in the S or even A tier?
Adding how she has weak attacks overall in terms of knockback- Have you compared and contrast ZSS to other Brawl characters? Seriously, ZSS has really hard time killing when compared to other SSBB characters.
Adding how her recovery can be stopped by edge-hogging. - Tether recoveries can't grab the ledge if someone else is grabing it. Because ZSS's only other recovery option is her down special (which covers very little distance), her recovery can be stopped by it.
I think that's it. If there anything else I forgot that you want to know just ask. But please, stop editing ZSS back to the way it was before I edited it unless you can rebut my above points. Enigmatic Mr. L (talk) 02:02, 24 June 2009 (UTC)
- I don't understand why the edit I just made was removed. I explained why I did them in the comment summary, but I will post them here again.
- Why is it keep being said here that ZSS has weak attacks/little killing power? I've played as her long enough to know this isn't true, just because she doesn't have the firepower of Samus. Her side B move is powerful, all of her aerials (minus the down) have good killing power, and her flip jump + kick is often reliable enough for ko-ing.
- As for her recovery being stopped by edgehogging, I do not necessarily think that is true either. Often her jump + flip jump is enough to get back on stage. Unless she is that far away, if an opponent edgehogs there is a strong chance of them either being hit by her whip or being dragged down by ZSS. Very rarely have I had a problem with being edgehogged as ZSS. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk • contribs)
First, about her killing power: You just said she doesn't have the firepower of Samus. If you would take a look at the Samus (SSBB) article, you would see that Samus has an "extreme lack of killing power", so calling ZSS weaker than Samus is autamaticlly calling her weak. All of ZSS's throws, tilts, and smashes are very weak. Her aerials, side special, and flip jump + kick generally don't kill until at least 100% damage, which means ZSS lacks an early KO move. She is reliant on racking up damage and edge-guarding for kills.
Second, about her recovery and edge-hogging: On one hand, her tether reaches longer than the normal attack hitboxes. This means that if she's edgehogged from a greater distance, she can't even retaliate, whereas some other tethers like Pikmin Chain and Vine Whip can sometimes at least get a hit in. On the other hand, her decent air speed, decent double jump, and Flip Jump usually get ZSS close enough to recover. If you want to remove that part about edge-hogging, it's fine by me now. However, as mentioned above, I still think ZSS is weak. Enigmatic Mr. L (talk) 16:00, 29 June 2009 (UTC)
..I didn't know that if a character lacks a move that can kill at 50% or so they're labeled as "weak." I still don't agree with that, but I'll change the part about edgehogging. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk • contribs) 22:06, 29 June 2009
No, you will not. The purpose of an Edit War section on a talk page is for consensus to be reached between the warring editors. If you edit "Zero Suit Samus" in such a way again without consensus being reached on this page, you will be blocked from editing. PenguinofDeath 21:41, 29 June 2009 (UTC)
- I was under the impression that consensus hadn't been reached (especially as I think her recovery is edgehoggable/punishable) but apparently it had. Her air speed, her second jump, and her Flip Jump are all okay for getting her back to the the stage, but her Flip Jump is punishable (as she doesn't get it back if she's hit after using it and she can't land on fall-through platforms until she's at the same height that she started from) and her tether is unreliable (easily edgehogged). I know she's B Tier, so she must have a good recovery, but I still think that line should stay. PenguinofDeath 22:03, 29 June 2009 (UTC)
Transforming from Samus to ZSS in Brawls
Easy? Yeah, right. - It's-a me, BrawlFan181! :D Yeah, I can't do it either... I choose samus and a CPU player, and hold down the L-button before and after I choose a stage but all I get is the power suit...I tried a Wii remote too, what am I doing wrong?! Someone plz tell me she's more better for me without her suit.--Malon girl5 (talk) 21:20, May 15, 2010 (UTC)
Can anyone tell me what exactly the lights on the Zero Suit's purpose was in the Metroid universe? It's kinda bugging me.
What was Nintendo thinking? Does she have to look so inappropriate? I'd never imagine Nintendo doing this.