Given the info in Ness's update, the opening paragraphs of the Brawl section could probably be updated. Also, "Subspace Emissary" could be added next to everyone's name. The Inker 16:10, February 7, 2008 (EST)
I updated how to unlock Falco right after I did it. Also, I'm about 99% sure that you need more than 10 vs. matches on Snake's stage to unlock him - its more like 15 or 20, though I'm not sure. -brdy
Jigglypuff is _not_ unlocked by event match 20 or by completing classic with anybody other than Ike. Perhaps it requires a specific difficulty level?--Holizz 13:51, 2 March 2008 (UTC)
The Toon Link information is wrong, I think. The first time I completed classic was with Samus after the SSE, and that gave me Toon Link
SSBB final characters
That information about not fighting them until after SSE might be wrong. I could have sworn I could fight Wolf during The Great Maze!
Videos for Wolf and Toon Link
Captain Falcon in SSB
I see a problem here - Captain Falcon's 64 unlocking is listed as beating 1P mode in under 18 minutes on this page, but on his SSB page, the unlocking criteria is 15 minutes. I'm not big on SSB64, so I wouldn't know which one to correct, but if someone who does could, that'd be helpful. The Dark Muse (talk) 22:27, 18 February 2009 (UTC)
Unlocking Toon Link
On the article it says: Some people have reported not being able to unlock Toon Link in any way after unlocking Luigi.
I completed The Subspace Emissary first then I did Classic Mode on easy using Snake and I unlocked Toon Link.
- You mean, what happens if you meet the unlock criteria for multiple characters at once? Well, I'm not positive, but I believe it goes like this:
- If you're in most modes, once the match is over, you'll fight one of the characters to unlock them. The next time you finish a match in the same mode, you'll fight the next character who is waiting. (You might do the next unlock fight right after the first, though; I have no idea.)
- In the Subspace Emissary, you just get all the characters you unlocked once you exit the mode.
- Toomai Glittershine eXemplary Logic 17:51, September 8, 2009 (UTC)
- edit conflict
- You are challenged by only one of the characters - I've found that it's the character who's most difficult to unlock, but that might just be coincidence. For example, in Super Smash Bros., if you complete the 1P Game in less than 20 minutes, you are challenged by Captain Falcon, whether or not you've already unlocked Jigglypuff, and I'm fairly certain that if you complete the 1P Game on Normal difficulty, with three stock and without continuing in under 20 minutes, you are challenged by Ness, whether or not you've already unlocked Captain Falcon and/or Jigglypuff. PenguinofDeath 18:02, September 8, 2009 (UTC)
Error with Young Link
Hello all. I've been revisiting Melee from the ground up and I just observed that you need only beat Classic/Adventure with 10 characters for Young Link to appear, and neither one needs to be Link or Zelda. I'd change it myself but I would rather have it confirmed by someone else. - Love, a nobody. 22.214.171.124 07:41, December 28, 2010 (UTC)