It is in Beta how can we clean up what we know nothing about... (I'm just saying...) ~Crystal_Lucario 07:03, February 22, 2008 (EST)
- I don't know, that's not my problem. Perhaps one might consider not creating an article about an unreleased anything in the first place, but we know how well that works. --RJM Talk 13:57, February 22, 2008 (EST)
-_- Meh. I hate when I'm wrong. ~Crystal_Lucario 17:03, February 22, 2008 (EST)
- Just try to organize everything better. Especially that playable character list. -Johnknight1
Mcleod gaming not working
Does anyone know why?~Crystal_Lucario 11:55, 27 March 2008 (UTC)
It is currently shut down in order to fix some bugs in the forums since there have been hackers/spammers attacking us.Theyellafella 21:48, 7 April 2008 (UTC)
Am I completely out there?
Is McCleod gaming some big thing? What is it supposed to be? XXXXX 16:34, 22 April 2008 (UTC)
Seriously! Is McLeod Gaming a big gaming thing? XXXXX 19:49, 24 April 2008 (UTC)
Where is it stated that Lucario will be in the game???
Someone please tell me if McLeod gaming is a big gaming production! XXXXX 16:15, 28 April 2008 (UTC)
I am currently reorganizing the character table, including information on the final smashes. Hopefully this will become a more organized way of seeing the characters upcoming in the game. All of my information comes from the links at the bottom of the page. -22.214.171.124 15:03, 1 May 2008 (UTC)
- Complete. -126.96.36.199 15:51, 1 May 2008 (UTC)
are you the one who added the BS about Robo Ninja? Only a few people know anything about her, and unless your Cleod or a mod at MG, you aren't one of them. Also, only Cleod knows who will be unlockable and who wont be, so I've removed that. Final smashes on some characters (specifically Sora and Meta Knight) are still being decided upon, though i left those there. -TerminX, of the ssf2 dev. team. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk • contribs) 17:17, 27 May 2008 (UTC)
Okay. I'm gonna say it again!
Someone answer my question, or are you all ignoring it? Just a relevant answer would be nice. XXXXX 17:57, 1 May 2008 (UTC)
- So far as I can tell, it's just the production "company" under which Super Smash Flash was developed. I certainly wouldn't call it a "big gaming thing" in the context that you mean. --Randall00 23:45, 1 May 2008 (UTC)
Well, I'm just saying that if it's not very distinguished, it shouldn't be worthy of a page. But if it's reasonably known, then we can leave it. XXXXX 01:45, 2 May 2008 (UTC)
Wow. Desperate, or spending way too much time on crowd appeal
SpongeBob and Patrick? They aren't even officially in Nintendo. Funny though. XXXXX 17:58, 14 May 2008 (UTC)
I checked with them, and they said that if the fan games were notable, that we would keep them. If this isn't very popular, then we should delete it. I just think that. Who else? (I'm not putting this up for deletion AGAIN until someone agrees.) XXXXX (talk) 15:26, 22 May 2008 (UTC)
I agree with Yellafella up there. Also, search ssf2 on youtube or Google, we have quite a fan base, more so than any other fab game out there. -TerminX, of the ssf2 dev. team. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk • contribs) 17:17, 27 May 2008 (UTC)
Who keeps unediting after me?
stop unediting things.
hello, i am TerminX, and we at MG are fully aware of this page now. I personally am flattered. anyway, Theyellafella and i, both being from MG and myself on the developers team, must ask that you stop editing this page. i realize that may be a bit to ask, but believe me, were helping MAKE the game. For example, someone added that Robo Nnja was R.O.B. with ninja moves. I shall inform you that she is a completely custom character that has nothing to do with R.O.B.
this page should be locked to people who dont know what they are talking about, i sugges making it not editable, if something of note comes up, yellafella, another MG user or myself will inform you of it via this page.
Do ya'll not believe us or something? WE ARE BOTH FROM MCLEODGAMING AND ARE HELPING WITH SSF2! STOP CHANGING THINGS THAT YA'LL DON'T KNOW ABOUT! ROBO NINJA IS NOT R.O.B.! IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE PUTTING, DON'T PUT IT HERE!Theyellafella (talk) 01:28, 29 May 2008 (UTC)
I agree. A few days ago, I saw Spongebob Squarepants in the expansion characters section - WHAT THE HELL IS THAT. However, non-developers can make valuable edits too - I myself made the Movesets section. Edits should be limited to what has been confirmed by the Dojo, what has been seen in demo gameplay, or anything the developers write. Runer5h (talk) 19:27, 2 June 2008 (UTC)Runer5h
Yes Can we please do something about this page? From what i can tell this is probably the most edited page here along with thw tier list talk page. Protect this page please and just copy there article here since it's from there wiki anyway. Seriously, most of us can barely tell what's true and what's not so it's very difficult to remove vandalism when we have no clue what is true and what's not. Carbonkirby (talk) 23:51, 2 June 2008 (UTC)
Agreed completely. It's a GAME, people. It may be something highly anticipated, but it's still only a GAME. It doesn't need 50 pages, it only needs this one. Don't edit things unless you're absolutely sure about them. That's the best rule of thumb with Wiki editing. (SkyPrower (talk) 08:50, 3 June 2008 (UTC))
Is this really needed?
Is this article really needed? I know it shows some notability, but the editors believe that they must have an article for everything regarding this game. (For example: Stitch. The Internet, etc.) I personally wouldn't mind a deletion debate. Especially since its not official, the site [SmashWiki] seems to have gotten alot of vandalism, and edit wars because of this article.
- One thing that really irritates me:
WE ARE BOTH FROM MCLEODGAMING AND ARE HELPING WITH SSF2! STOP CHANGING THINGS THAT YA'LL DON'T KNOW ABOUT! ROBO NINJA IS NOT R.O.B.! IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE PUTTING, DON'T PUT IT HERE!
- Why not make it redirect or link to wikia:c:mcleodgaming:Super Smash Flash 2 and be done with it? Logan · (Talk · Contributions) 15:55, 6 June 2008 (UTC)
To tell the truth, I'd just zap it and we can be done with it, but once again, the inefficient system of SmashWiki led to vandalism and bad articles. Sorry, Mcleod Gaming people. I'm on your side. The system isn't. XXXXX Talk to me OR ELSE! 16:34, 9 June 2008 (UTC)
Well, I guess debates aren't going to get it anywhere. Why not a redirect? I don't really want one, but I think its "extremely" mature if people would retaliate because it was redirected. Also, if an article is here, there are people who can do something about it (edit, delete, etc).. That being said, I don't see much importance of it being here. (Wolf O'Donnell (talk) 01:16, 11 June 2008 (UTC))
- Got it. Also protected the SSF1 page for good measure. FyreNWater - (Talk • Contributions ) 02:25, 10 June 2008 (UTC)
Where can I post character requests for the game? I tried the SSF2 forums, and i'm not interested in going through all that shit to sign up. I'm requesting Ulrich, Yumi, Odd, and William from Code Lyoko, and Thomas from Kung Fu (NES) -Rho- (talk) 19:20, 17 June 2008 (UTC)
Not gonna be in ssf2...
- I think it's heavily dependent on whether or not the game gets finished. --RJM Talk 04:55, 25 June 2008 (UTC)
- Why would we NOT finish it? Theyellafella (talk) 09:51, 11 July 2008 (UTC)
- Ah, I see. So, at the moment, it only serves as an advertisement? (Wolf O'Donnell (talk · contributions) 23:43, 28 June 2008 (UTC))
- How long is it going to be a "working title"? (Wolf O'Donnell (talk · contributions) 18:53, 5 July 2008 (UTC))
- As far as I'm concerned, it's just another page. Nothing special, considering it's just a advertisement for a fan-made game. If it's going to get cleaned, I suggest doing it quickly before the creator(s) adds more non-sense to it. Comment to the creators; Add more characters to it that everyone will enjoy, not just the popular ones. Try, Kratos for instance, sicne Lloyd is already in it. Now you have ideas for Clones, make use of them while we try to clean this article. (ZZS (talk) 00:02, 7 July 2008 (UTC))
Can we just delete this page. Why is it an editors pick anyway. Its some little fan project that keeps having stuff added to it but is never goinhg to come out unless they say enough is enough. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk • contribs) 14:20, July 26, 2008
- You know, you can only program a game so fast. Also, the sprites are still being worked on. --Posted by Pikamander2 (Talk) at 18:28, 26 July 2008 (UTC)
It is only a editor's pick due to the large amount of edits and views. I personally find no reason for it being here, other than to advertise. (Wolf O'Donnell (talk · contributions) 20:24, 26 July 2008 (UTC))
This is SmashWiki about the official Smash bros games , i don't feel a fan project should have such high regard also i've noticed refrences to it are cropping up within other articles. Which needs to stop this isn't an advertisement wiki. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk • contribs) 12:22, July 27, 2008
- Seriously? I can see where you're coming from about the references, but this is one of the most notable Smash fangames along with runouw's Brawl Demo. If there is a fangames category, I don't think we should even say anything that brings deletion to mind.
Also, I'll see what I can do about the cleanup, because it needs one on the McLeodGaming Wiki. If you guys want a list of developers (to make sure inserted information is valid), I can do that too. ~ TheSilenceOfNoOne (talk) 09:04, 4 August 2008 (UTC)
MAJOR clean up
Alright guys. I did you a favor and supported the keeping of these fan game articles. Now do me a favor and make it nicer. The text walls are unsightly, the tables need work, and you guys are pushing the number of pictures to the limit. All you need is a few for illustrative purposes. This page is not a guide, game profile, or official page of SSF2. Make your own page for that sort of stuff. FyreNWater - (Talk • Contributions ) 20:12, 5 August 2008 (UTC)