Can someone rearrange the categories of items to fit the manual descriptions? "Other offensive items" does not exist. It should properly be:
- Performance Items (Bunny Hood)
- Recovery Items (Maxim Tomato)
- Shooting Items (Super Scope)
- Battering Items (Parasol)
- Projectile Items (Freezie)
I may work on it a little later, but I'm not sure how the tables work. Fixed. Gargomon251 17:37, 2 March 2008 (UTC)
Does anybody have an idea about where the Blast Box should go on this page? It looks like a Crate but there is no evidence that anything comes out of it so it can't go in the Container section. None of the other sections seem to fit either. Marcusmash 20:34, 5 March 2008 (UTC)
- Hmmm....it's sort of a Projectile Item, but does more damage if simply attacked....Maybe it should be under containers anyway, since it behaves like one, despite containing nothing....
- Yeah, it's tough to figure out. The Dojo makes it seem like all you can do is attack it to make it explode. If it can be picked up and thrown then I guess it fits best in Projectile, but we have no evidence of that at this point. It isn't quite unique enough for its own category but it doesn't really fit in any of the existing ones, at least not until we get the game, play it, and learn some more about it. Marcusmash 22:10, 5 March 2008 (UTC)
- OK, Blast Boxes can be thrown so I put them in the Projectile category. Marcusmash 04:33, 10 March 2008 (UTC)
I agree that Smash Balls fit better as Performance Items. Also curious what people think about almost everything being plural in this article. I don't really think it is needed but we do need to decided on using plural or singular names for all items and being consistent. Marcusmash 21:41, 5 March 2008 (UTC)
- Makes no difference to me, I was just following the trend. - Gargomon251 21:43, 5 March 2008 (UTC)
I notice the Brawl manual has different categories than the Melee one does. Which one do we use for all the games in general? I really dislike the Brawl sorting because some items like Combining and Gear only contain one or two items that could easily fit into one of the preestablished categories. Also I wonder if we should change Projectile Items to Throwing Items to more clearly differentiate between them and Shooting Items. - Gargomon251 20:02, 31 March 2008 (UTC)
Sandbag should not be considered a container item simply because it can spawn items. It meets none of the other criteria shared by items in this category, and the game does not classify it as one. Zixor (talk) 00:44, 4 February 2009 (UTC)
- The sandbag is in the item switch. Because of that, I believe it is an item. Y462 (T • C • E ) 23:18, 17 February 2009 (UTC)
- The item switch clearly states the Sandbag is a prize giving item. Y462 (T • C • E ) 23:33, 17 February 2009 (UTC)
- Actually, I haven't stated either, only some facts about it. What do you think it should be categorized as? Y462 (T • C • E ) 23:59, 17 February 2009 (UTC)
- I don't see why not. What are your criteria for "containers"? I don't see why it's not a container just because you can't pick it up.... - Gargomon251 (talk) 17:25, 19 February 2009 (UTC)
"Container items can be broken if thrown or hit and will release other items when broken. Opponents hit by thrown container items will be damaged. Container items have a 25% chance of exploding, dealing greater damage than normal but at the same time not releasing any items.
These are the defining elements of container items, none of which apply to sandbag. Aside from "releasing other items" (though not "when broken"), there is no justification for this classification. -You might say that this reason alone is enough, but calling it a container is a misleading stretch.
Additionally, "Sandbag is not considered one of the other Containers in Brawl's Item Switch". This is not proof, of course, but it again suggests that the sandbag is not the same as (not "one of"), and does not belong with these other items. At the very least, if this item is to be classified as such, its very dissimilar nature should be made quite clear (more so than currently). Zixor (talk) 04:09, 20 February 2009 (UTC)
- Oddly, the manual and item switch considers Sandbag a "Prize giving" item (the only one) and the barrels/crates "carrying containers". Regardless, Sandbag releases items when struck, so I think that's good enough criteria. I believe that Sandbag should remain included, with a footnote that it can't be carried or destroyed, much like the Soccer Ball. It still releases items, though, so I think it wouldn't fit in any other category.
- On that note, what makes Blast Box a "Container Item"? The only thing it has in common is its weight, which it shares with Bonsly anyway. I would like to consider moving Blast Box to a Throwing Item, with the side effect from fire of course, since it's essentially a Bob-omb that doesn't move and doesn't explode in one hit. I can see that it RESEMBLES a Crate, but again, doesn't share any properties. Gargomon251 (talk) 02:47, 20 February 2009
- How about we make a new category called "Striking Items" that inclused only Soccer Ball and Sandbag, the only two items that are activated by hitting and can not be picked up? - Gargomon251 (talk) 18:20, 20 February 2009 (UTC)
The Other section is in the wrong place on the article, under the Reflection heading instead of under the Other subheading of List of items. I'd move it, but I'm not willing to make it all over again and I don't know how to move tables without deleting and remaking them. --PikaWither (talk) 21:10, December 2, 2015 (UTC)