"(most of them are unwilling to even try it before forming an opinion)"
This sentence comes off as opinionated and not very professional, or fitting for a Wiki.
The technical installation guide got shellacked and there's basically no solid instructions on how to do it, and I just spent my evening hacking it, so I'll post a how-to-do here from what I can piece together. I cannot, and will not, answer your questions with problems that arise, because I don't know jack about this stuff other than the bare bones dry how to do. Anything that someone else explains on their website will not be explained here. Deal with it.
A couple complicated steps:
3. Download the Brawl+ codes NOTE: Place them exactly in the specified locations in your SD card or it will not work.
4. Download Gecko OS from the Homebrew Browser.
5. Run Gecko OS and go into the config options and enable the SD cheats.
6. Run the game.
- Only took me 20 minutes. And I'm retarded with computers. .-. Shade487z 20:18, 19 April 2009 (UTC)
- Well, it's a lot easier when someone puts the steps in order for you and gives links to each explanation now isn't it. We, on the other hand, had to hunt through multiple websites and IRC's to find the right folder names and SD card formats to use. Basically, you lucked out. Clarinet Hawk (talk · contributions) 18:54, 29 April 2009 (UTC)
More "SSBF(an)B(alanced)" then anything else by taking great features from through out the series and ideas commonly tossed around(having the pokemon trainer's pokemon being separate characters as well as Samus and Zelda's two states) as well common fixes just to make the character's more balanced and clones more like semi clones...That's just my opinion and in the end it works and I would like to see the developers tweak it more and maybe finish the characters that didn't make it into brawl.
This is a silly idea
I find it funny how instead of adapting to a new game as normal tournamenters would, they make a mod that "balances" the game to their tastes. Since they can't play a real fighting game to save a life, nor can they adapt to the new installment in the Smash series, they make a mod to force the Brawl to become more like the Melee.
(In even simpler terms, "WAH WE CAN'T DEAL WITH BRAWL'S ADDITIONS LETS MAKE A MOD TO MAKE IT LIKE MELEE INSTEAD OF JUST PLAYING MELEE.") —Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk • contribs)