- This article is about Squirtle's appearance in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. For other uses, see Squirtle. Also, for information about Squirtle in regards to Pokémon Trainer, see Pokémon Trainer (SSBU), Ivysaur (SSBU), and Charizard (SSBU).
Squirtle is a veteran fighter in the upcoming Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, first playable in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. It was confirmed during Nintendo's E3 2018 presentation.
Changes from Brawl
- Squirtle's new running animation involves surfing on water.
Grabs and Throws
- Neutral Attack: Squirtle punches once, then jumps forward and slaps with the tail, then flips forward and hits with the tail again.
- Forward Tilt: Squirtle gets on all fours and slaps forward with its tail.
- Up Tilt: Squirtle hops onto its tail, thrusting upward.
- Down Tilt:
- Dash Attack: Squirtle runs, turns around while jumping, and hits with the back of its shell.
- Forward Smash: Squirtle quickly lashes a torrent of water in front of itself.
- Up Smash: Squirtle points upwards as two torrents of water burst upward on either side of it.
- Down Smash: Squirtle withdraws into its shell and spins, shooting water out of both sides.
- Floor Attack (Front):
- Floor Attack (Back):
- Floor Attack (Trip):
- Ledge Attack:
- Neutral aerial: A midair cartwheel.
- Forward aerial: Thrusts both legs forward, hitting quickly. Produces a corkscrew of water.
- Back aerial: Squirtle spins in a horizontal corkscrew while stretching out its tail. Multi-hit.
- Up aerial: Flips upward, using its tail to knock opponents vertically.
- Down aerial: Thrusts the tail downward, spinning around in a multi-hit attack.
Grabs and Throws
- Pummel: Headbutts the opponent.
- Forward Throw: Puts the opponent in front of it, then kicks them.
- Back Throw: Puts the opponent behind it, and kicks their back.
- Up Throw: Throws its opponent upward and tackles them while in its shell.
- Down Throw: Throws its opponent on the ground and slams on top of them.
- Up Taunt:
- Down Taunt:
- Side Taunt:
In competitive play
To be added