- For fighter info, see Sonic the Hedgehog (SSBB). For the game, see Sonic the Hedgehog (game).
Sonic the Hedgehog (ソニック・ザ・ヘッジホッグ, Sonikku za Hejjihoggu) is SEGA's mascot and Mario's "rival." While in rivaling, Sonic has gotten awards with 'Mario' and 'Link'. He makes his first Smash appearance in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, as the second and final third-party character, after Solid Snake.
Sonic is a blue, male, anthropomorphic hedgehog. First introduced by Sega in 1991 to combat Nintendo's Mario. He has a bit of an attitude, and is impatient, but cannot resist helping someone in need. He values his freedom above all else. Generally speaking, he loves being able to do what he wants and loathes being constrained. He is capable of running at supersonic speeds. When he collects the seven Chaos Emeralds, his colors invert and he turns into Super Sonic. Most of the time, every challenge he faces seems fun to him; another chance to get moving; however, he does take time to relax once in a while.
See: Sonic and Tails rumor for more info
- Main Article: Sonic the Hedgehog (SSBB)
Sonic is a playable character for Brawl. He is the fastest character in the game, he along with Captain Falcon are the only characters who can run on the ground of the Big Blue stage without going off the side immediately - with the Bunny Hood, Sonic is actually capable of running faster than the vehicles and self-destructing on the right. His attacks are based on more classic moves from Sonic's earlier platforming games.
- Sonic Team. Sonic's official character profile. Sega of Japan. Retrieved on 2006-04-12.
- The interview with Yuji Naka regarding Sonic and Melee
- Sonic's official website, including info on all video games and such.