This article is about Sonic the Hedgehog's appearance in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. For other uses, see Sonic the Hedgehog.
||This speedy fighter has a lot of rush-type attacks. His Final Smash, Super Sonic, let's him fly around the stage at an incredible speed!
|—Description from the Super Smash Blog.
Sonic the Hedgehog is a veteran fighter in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, first playable in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. He was confirmed to return on June 12, 2018, during Nintendo Live at E3 2018. His design is based on his recent 3D appearances.
When unlocked, he is fought at Green Hill Zone.
Changes from SSBWU/3DS
- Sonic now takes damage when swimming in water.
- Sonic's dash attack has changed from a rolling kick into a simple kick.
Grabs and Throws
- Spin Dash cannot be cancelled into shield anymore.
- Homing Attack now shows a reticle around the opponent it is targeting.
- Sonic's Final Smash, Super Sonic, is no longer controllable; instead, Sonic rapidly flies diagonally across the screen, ascending and descending his flight trajectory.
- Neutral Attack: one-two punch followed by kick that launches foe away
- Forward Tilt: double-leg kick from handstand, second strike lunching foes
- Up Tilt: double-hit upward kick that launches foes up
- Down Tilt: low leg sweep that pops enemies up
- Dash Attack: uses momentum to kick, launching foe away
- Forward Smash: windup punch with launch ; can be angled, so good against those on ledges
- Up Smash: jumping attack with Sonic curled into a ball; initial hit pops up foes, then five-hit combo culminates in launching foes up
- Down Smash: short jump, then splits allows strikes to both sides
- Floor Attack (Front):
- Floor Attack (Back):
- Floor Attack (Trip):
- Ledge Attack:
- Neutral aerial: spinning ball form attack
- Forward aerial: horizontal, spinning headbutt; can hit up to six times, culminating in knocking foes away
- Back aerial: back kick with knockback
- Up aerial: double-leg upward kick that launches foes
- Down aerial (Shooting Star Kick): dive kick that ends with knocking foes up and away
Grabs and Throws
- Grab: standard
- Forward Throw: standard
- Back Throw: standard
- Up Throw: impale foes with spines, launching into air
- Down Throw: plants foe onto the ground, then curcls into a ball and repeatedly rolls over them
- Up Taunt: Does a front flip, while putting in his iconic pose from Sonic Adventure.
- Down Taunt: Starts doing a breakdancing move and says "Come on!"
- Side Taunt: Starts running in place saying "Sonic speed!"
Does a homing attack onto the screen, and does his brawl pose.
- Taps his foot, a reference to his iconic idle pose.
- Does his iconic finger wag pose.
- Runs off-screen and on-screen and does a thumbs up while saying “That was almost too easy.”
- Runs to get the blue chaos emerald and says “Piece of cake!”
- Starts doing a breakdancing move while saying “Let's do that again sometime.”
In competitive play
To be added
38 Sonic – Super Smash Bros. Ultimate