This article is about Sonic the Hedgehog's appearance in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. For other uses, see Sonic the Hedgehog.
||This speedy fighter has a lot of rush-type attacks. His Final Smash, Super Sonic, let's him fly around the stage at an incredible speed!
|—Description from the Super Smash Blog.
Sonic the Hedgehog is a veteran fighter in the upcoming Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, first playable in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. He was confirmed to return on June 12, 2018, during Nintendo Live at E3 2018. His design is based on his recent 3D appearances.
Changes from SSBWU/3DS
- Sonic now takes damage when swimming in water.
- Sonic's dash attack has changed from a rolling kick into a simple kick.
Grabs and Throws
- Spin Dash cannot be cancelled into shield anymore.
- Homing Attack now shows a reticle around the opponent it is targeting.
- Sonic's Final Smash, Super Sonic, is no longer controllable; instead, Sonic rapidly flies diagonally across the screen, ascending and descending his flight trajectory.
- Neutral Attack:
- Forward Tilt:
- Up Tilt:
- Down Tilt:
- Dash Attack:
- Forward Smash:
- Up Smash:
- Down Smash:
- Floor Attack (Front):
- Floor Attack (Back):
- Floor Attack (Trip):
- Ledge Attack:
- Neutral aerial:
- Forward aerial:
- Back aerial:
- Up aerial:
- Down aerial:
Grabs and Throws
- Forward Throw:
- Back Throw:
- Up Throw:
- Down Throw:
- Up Taunt: Does a front flip, while putting in his iconic pose from Sonic Adventure.
- Down Taunt: Starts doing a breakdancing move and says "Come on!"
- Side Taunt: Starts running in place saying "Sonic speed!"
Does a homing attack onto the screen, and does his brawl pose.
- Taps his foot, a reference to his iconic idle pose.
- Does his iconic finger wag pose.
- Runs off-screen and on-screen and does a thumbs up while saying “That was almost too easy.”
- Runs to get the blue chaos emerald and says “Piece of cake!”
- Starts doing a breakdancing move while saying “Let's do that again sometime.”
In competitive play
To be added
38 Sonic – Super Smash Bros. Ultimate