This article is about Sonic the Hedgehog's appearance in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. For other uses, see Sonic the Hedgehog.
||This speedy fighter has a lot of rush-type attacks. His Final Smash, Super Sonic, let's him fly around the stage at an incredible speed!
|—Description from the Super Smash Blog.
Sonic the Hedgehog is a veteran fighter in the upcoming Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. He was confirmed to return on June 12, 2018, during Nintendo Live at E3 2018.
Changes from SSBWU/3DS
- Sonic's dash attack has changed from a rolling kick into a simple kick.
Grabs and Throws
- Spin Dash cannot be cancelled into shield anymore.
- Homing Attack now shows a reticle around the opponent it is targeting.
- Sonic's Final Smash, Super Sonic, is no longer controllable; instead, Sonic rapidly flies diagonally across the screen, ascending and descending his flight trajectory.
- Neutral Attack:
- Forward Tilt:
- Up Tilt:
- Down Tilt:
- Dash Attack:
- Forward Smash:
- Up Smash:
- Down Smash:
- Floor Attack (Front):
- Floor Attack (Back):
- Floor Attack (Trip):
- Ledge Attack:
- Neutral aerial:
- Forward aerial:
- Back aerial:
- Up aerial:
- Down aerial:
Grabs and Throws
- Forward Throw:
- Back Throw:
- Up Throw:
- Down Throw:
- Up Taunt: Does a front flip, while tutting in his iconic pose from Sonic Adventure.
- Down Taunt: Starts breakdancing, kicking his feet in the air.
- Side Taunt: Starts running in place.
Does a homing attack onto the screen, and does his brawl pose.
- Taps his foot, a reference to his iconic idle pose.
- Does his iconic finger wag pose.
In competitive play
To be added
38 Sonic – Super Smash Bros. Ultimate