Any registered user can write blogs on Smashpedia by going to Blog:Recent posts and clicking the "Create Blog Post" button at the top.
Blogs can be written for many purposes. These purposes include, but are not limited to:
- Introducing yourself to the community
- Talking about the Super Smash Bros. series
- Talking about a wiki issue
- Speaking your mind about things in Super Smash Bros.
- Making predictions/fanfiction
- Playing games to get to know other users
The rules about what content you can put on your blog are usually quite relaxed on Smashpedia. However, these are generally prohibited:
- Attacks on users and other people
- Any content that is largely seen as offensive
- Uploading spam or inappropriate images
- Writing nonsense or nothing at all
- Excessive foul language
- Writing with the intent of provoking a flame war
- Posting fake character reveals. Predictions and wishes are OK, but claiming that you have a leak to a new character is not. If your blog is about a leak, please treat it as such.
If your blog does any of these things, it can be deleted by an administrator. Additionally, a blog which does not violate any of the above rules can still be deleted if there is consensus among the community for that result as seen in the comments of the blog.
Blogs whose comments devolve into flame wars or other conflicts can have the comments locked, or even be deleted if it is serious enough.