Smorekingxg456 (talk • contribs • edit count • RFA page)
Please direct all discussions to the talk page.
Candidate, please summarize why you are running for adminship below.
I have been contemplating running for adminship for a while now. I have many reasons why I feel I should be an admin. First, I can actually comprehend policies. I can also point out violations of policies to users, and I would be able to bring disciplinary action against the violators as an admin.
Second, I am the author of the pending policy, SmashWiki:Crew Pages, which further proves my point of me being able to comprehend policies. And while I'm on the topic of crews, with the new addition of SW:NOTE, I have been tagging many crew and smasher pages for deletion. While there are other admins deleting Smasher pages, crew pages are receiving less attention. frequently go through crew pages and edit them to put Template:Crew on them, so while I was doing that, I'd be able to delete ones that aren't notable.
Third, I have tagged many images and pages for (speedy)deletion, and with admin powers, I would able to delete these manually instead of waiting for an admin. Also, instead of reporting vandals to admins, I would be able to deal with them myself, saving time on both parts.
And now for miscellaneous facts that may or may not help me.
- I have rollback, if that is of any merit.
- I have always kept my calm on talk pages and such.
- I have no life, so I would be able to just sit at my computer all day, waiting for an opportunity to use the admin tools.
- I have adminship on two wikis, so I'm not a complete n00b to the tools.
So yes, that is my request "form" and I hope you vote honestly and opening.
- I was waiting - About time you ran. My friend, support doesn't get any stronger. He has a great understanding of SW's policies, and would make good use of these tools. 23:06, 19 February 2009 (UTC)
- Friendship has no place in RfAs- I hope you have taken that into account. --Shadowcrest 23:55, 19 February 2009 (UTC)
- You could say that if I had said "He's a great friend, so he deserves this tool", but not rite nao. Less bugging me pls. 01:16, 20 February 2009 (UTC)
- Slight support. Smoreking generally does a pretty good job with wiki stuff, and while he has an odd sense of humor (Shoop da Woops? Come on.), he generally "means srsbsns" when it comes to composing and enforcing policies. I'm rather confident he'd use the tools well, but I'm not quite sure he has the right sense of responsibility, hence the "slight". Miles (talk) 00:20, 20 February 2009 (UTC)
- Support: It may be a bit rushed after you got rollback, but you know what to do around here. You'll do fine.L33t Silvie F33R T3|-| L337!! 01:46, 20 February 2009 (UTC)
- Support: Active, has rollback, knows polices well, and likes smores. Yep. He has things an admin has. IMO he's qualified. (just kiddin about the "likes smores" part ;D) Masterman 2009 03:17, 20 February 2009 (UTC)
- Alright. From what I've seen, you're not ready. Although you have a decent activity level, I have to Oppose. For the following reasons.
- You have only had rollback for a month or two, so the status more than the responsibility is what is helping you at the moment.
- You say that you have adminship on two wikis, but I must say, and please don't take offense, that CD-i Wiki isn't much reason to support you. You guys just promote your friends at will, and chat about random stuff. In the past 500 edits, I haven't seen any legitimate use of admin tools.
- The only user conflict I've seen you in you weren't successful, and for that reason, I don't know whether I see strong reasons for you to become an admin.
- For all those reasons, I oppose. I'm sorry, but that is my case. Feel free to prove me wrong, but don't flame. Toon Ganondorf (t c) 23:32, 19 February 2009 (UTC)
- Rollback also has nothing to do with RfAs.
- I agree that adminship at such a not-serious wiki doesn't really count for much. Sure, you may know what the tools generally do, but they're pretty much self-explanatory. You need serious experience with them to qualify as understanding of how to use them.
- The first thing on my userpage is a userbox about how I'm a Tin Plated Dictator with Delusions of Godhood, and I doubt anyone would say I'm not serious.
- We stick our noses in and tell people what to do whenever we have to- it's kind of our job. Though some of us do it more politely than others and so it may not seem that way, it's what we do. Additionally, I am not universally successful, but (imo) I've done a pretty good job so far. Would you say that I am a failure for not achieving everything I attempted? --Shadowcrest 23:55, 19 February 2009 (UTC)
- Pointing things out, none of those directly affect here on SW, except possibly the SdW one. Yet you didn't talk about the actual points in my RfA, just the things that I said "may or may not affect my Rfa". You simply pointed out things I misproperly put in there. You said nothing about my actual reasoning, the first three paragraphs.Smoreking(T) (c) 00:52, 20 February 2009 (UTC)
- Neutral REALLY Leaning Towards Support IDK If Your Really Ready... Kperfekt BURN!!! Revert That! 23:05, 19 February 2009 (UTC)
- Neutral with a STRONG lean for Support Smore has done a VERY good job in terms of helping this wiki. He will make excellent contributions, but I'm curious to see how he will handle user disputes. Friedbeef1Screech 23:07, 19 February 2009 (UTC)
Neutral I really don't know. He just doesn't seem like admin material to me. I'm sure he's up to it, but I'll have to do some research and see what the others say. Toon Ganondorf (t c)
- All PAs aside... but "research"? Sorry, I'm confused... 23:18, 19 February 2009 (UTC)
- By research he means looking over Smore's edit history. As for me, seeings as we've just promoted three admins in the last few months, I don't really think we need that many more. I'm sure Smore would do a good job, but Neutral. GutripperSpeak
- Is there really such a thing as too many admins? There are times when, despite the large number of admins, none of them are on.Smoreking(T) (c) 23:31, 19 February 2009 (UTC)
- Yes, there is such a thing as too many admins. If you have too many, it begins to look like an elitist cabal, with all the popular, contributing users as admins, and it creates an inferiority complex for the normal users. But, I don't think it's really applicable for this- our admin:user ratio is fine. --Shadowcrest 23:55, 19 February 2009 (UTC)
- Neutral, VERY STRONG lean towards support What FriedBeef said. ClonedPickle 00:41, 20 February 2009 (UTC)