Smorekingxg456 (talk • contribs • edit count • RFA page)
Please direct all discussions to the talk page.
Candidate, please summarize why you are running for adminship below.
I have been contemplating running for adminship for a while now. I have many reasons why I feel I should be an admin. First, I can actually comprehend policies. I can also point out violations of policies to users, and I would be able to bring disciplinary action against the violators as an admin.
Second, I am the author of the pending policy, SmashWiki:Crew Pages, which further proves my point of me being able to comprehend policies. And while I'm on the topic of crews, with the new addition of SW:NOTE, I have been tagging many crew and smasher pages for deletion. While there are other admins deleting Smasher pages, crew pages are receiving less attention. frequently go through crew pages and edit them to put Template:Crew on them, so while I was doing that, I'd be able to delete ones that aren't notable.
Third, I have tagged many images and pages for (speedy)deletion, and with admin powers, I would able to delete these manually instead of waiting for an admin. Also, instead of reporting vandals to admins, I would be able to deal with them myself, saving time on both parts.
And now for miscellaneous facts that may or may not help me.
- I have rollback, if that is of any merit.
- I have always kept my calm on talk pages and such.
- I have no life, so I would be able to just sit at my computer all day, waiting for an opportunity to use the admin tools.
- I have adminship on two wikis, so I'm not a complete n00b to the tools.
So yes, that is my request "form" and I hope you vote honestly and opening.
- I was waiting - About time you ran. My friend, support doesn't get any stronger. He has a great understanding of SW's policies, and would make good use of these tools. 23:06, 19 February 2009 (UTC)
Alright. From what I've seen, you're not ready. Although you have a decent edit count, I have to Oppose. For the following reasons.
- You have only had rollback for a month or two, so the status more than the responsibility is what is helping you at the moment.
- You say that you have adminship on two wikis, but I must say, and please don't take offense, that CD-i Wiki isn't much reason to support you. You guys just promote your friends at will, and chat about random stuff. In the past 500 edits, I haven't seen any legitimate use of admin tools.
- Your page is covered with Shoop-da-Woops, yet you maintain that you mean serious business.
- The only user conflict I've seen you help in was you sticking your nose in and telling one side what to do. You weren't successful, and for that reason, I discount that point.
- Neutral REALLY Leaning Towards Support IDK If Your Really Ready... Kperfekt BURN!!! Revert That! 23:05, 19 February 2009 (UTC)
- Neutral with a STRONG lean for Support Smore has done a VERY good job in terms of helping this wiki. He will make excellent contributions, but I'm curious to see how he will handle user disputes. Friedbeef1Screech 23:07, 19 February 2009 (UTC)
Neutral I really don't know. He just doesn't seem like admin material to me. I'm sure he's up to it, but I'll have to do some research and see what the others say. Toon Ganondorf (t c)
- All PAs aside... but "research"? Sorry, I'm confused... 23:18, 19 February 2009 (UTC)
- He means looking over Smore's edit history. As for me, seeings as we've just promoted three admins in the last few months, I don't really think we need that many more. I'm sure Smore would do a good job, but Neutral. GutripperSpeak