Different users have access to different functions of the site. While anyone can do most things on the site, including reading and editing, administrators can access a few additional functions to maintain the high standard of content on SmashWiki. They are usually entrusted to mediate user disputes, arbitrate users, and interpret policy during times of argument.
Users can request adminship at SmashWiki:Requests for adminship.
These additional functions are:
- Deleting and undeleting pages, page histories, and uploaded files.
- Locking (protecting) a page so it cannot be edited or renamed by users without admin rights. They can also edit these pages.
- Blocking or unblocking IP addresses or user names from editing; and very quick "rollback" of undesirable edits.
- Change the text and style of the interface by editing the pages in the MediaWiki namespace.
- Can view Special:Unwatchedpages to see pages which may be more vulnerable to vandalism.
A bureaucrat can make other users into bureaucrats or administrators on their own wiki. They can also remove rollback and administrator status, but they cannot remove bureaucrat status from other users; please contact one of the community staff if you need that done.
See the administrators' how-to guide for a guide on using admin functions.
Who are the administrators?
The "founder" of a wiki, the person who first requested it, is given administrator access automatically. Founders are also given bureaucrat access so they can make any other user on their wiki an administrator or bureaucrat. For a complete list of users with administrator access, see Special:Listusers/sysop.
Listed below are SmashWiki's administrators.
- Clarinet Hawk (Bureaucrat, Rollback, Sysop)
- Moreliator (Bureaucrat, Sysop)
- Semicolon (Sysop)
- HavocReaper48 (Rollback, Sysop)
- Conker's Bad Fur Day (Sysop)
Some Wikia staff members have full access to all Wikia. They will be shown in Special:Listusers/staff on any wiki. Wikia janitors have limited administrator access to all Wikia for cleanup purposes. These users will be shown on Special:Listusers/janitor on any Wikia. Please see the Central Wikia contact page for details on how to contact Wikia staff.
What can administrators not do?
Administrators should not use their administrator powers to settle editing disputes; for example, to lock a page on a version he or she prefers in an editing dispute that isn't vandalism. Administrator powers should be used to help keep the wiki clear of vandalism, spam, and users who make malicious edits, but not for simple disagreements between users acting in good faith. Ideally an admin shouldn't be considered "in charge". The ideal admin is just someone who is trusted to have a few extra buttons and to use them for the benefit of the Wikia community.