Shy Guys (Japanese: ヘイホー, Heihoo) are characters from the Mario series. They are represented as common enemies. They can be found in the Yoshi's Story stage of Super Smash Bros. Melee and in certain stages in Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
- 1 In Super Smash Bros.
- 2 In Super Smash Bros. Melee
- 3 In Super Smash Bros. Brawl
- 4 Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U
- 5 Gallery
Shy Guy appear as both a stage element and a trophy in Melee. The subspecies of Shy Guys, the Fly Guys, can sometimes appear on Yoshi's Island, carrying food that can be dropped by attacking them. A trophy of them can also be obtained. Particularly known for constantly gimping Ness, who uses a projectile to recover. Notably, they appear rendered in 2D as opposed to 3D, like they do in Yoshi's Story, even in the trophy.
- There are many types of Shy Guys: they've been known to walk on the ground, fly through the air, traipse about on stilts, wear flowers or camouflage, throw balls, swing balls, swing bats, sail on pirate ships, carry fruit, do the Bamboo Dance, ride submarines, play guitar, play tennis, wear red, come in large or small sizes, steal people's toys, cause mischief...
- Super Mario Bros. 2 [10/88]
Shy Guys that can be seen driving Go Karts appear as Mute City-style hazards in Mario Circuit, and Fly Guys can be seen flying in Yoshi's Island, carrying food. The Fly Guys are famous for constantly gimping both Ness and Lucas, who use projectiles to recover.
- A character in a white mask with black eyes and mouth that appears in a number of Mario and Yoshi games. Although Shy Guys' actions are varied--from flying to carrying objects--their true faces are still a mystery. If only for an instant, who wouldn't want to see an unmasked Shy Guy?
- Super Mario Bros 2 (1988)
- Yoshi's Island DS (2006)
They also appear as random enemies in Smash Run. When approached, they will jump in place a few times before charging at the fighter while flailing their arms they come in four colors red,blue,yellow and green the red Shy Guy does more damage the blue Shy Guy has more health the yellow Shy Guy can jump higher and the green Shy Guy can run faster and they drop stat boosts related to it's specialty Attack,Defense,Jump and Speed.
What hides behind that smooth, white mask? Shy Guys aren't about to show you, that's for sure. In Smash Run, each color of Shy Guy has different characteristics, and the red ones are the best at attacking. They've learned how to deliver a combo of angry punches if they can get close enough!
Blue Shy Guy
These guys are too shy to show you their real faces, so they hide them behind white masks. Some people claim they've seen Shy Guys walking on stilts or even running around on fire! In Smash Run, the blue Shy Guys have better defense than other Shy Guys, but that really isn't saying much...
Yellow Shy Guy
Those white masks are just eerie, but it's possible they are better than what actually hides behind them... Anyway, some people claim to have seen tall Shy Guys with longer masks than normal. In Smash Run, yellow Shy Guys are great jumpers, so they'll drop Jump stat boosts when defeated.
Green Shy Guy
Perhaps the white mask just conceals another, whiter mask beneath? There is no way to know, as these shy fellows will never take them off. In Smash Run, the green Shy Guys can run faster than other Shy Guys. You'll have to be quick to catch them, but you'll be rewarded with Speed stat boosts!
Shy Guy + Standard Kart
Shy Guy makes his debut as a racer in Mario Kart 7 once you win the 150cc Shell Cup. He's a lightweight racer with superb handling. Watch out for the eight Shy Guys racing around the Rainbow Road stage--they'll happily run you over if you get in their way!