Sheik was confirmed as a veteran fighter during the Super Smash Bros. Wii U/ 3DS Nintendo Direct.
- Very fast in all aspects. Also, most of her moves has little to no lag at all.
- Amazingly powerful neutral game, with many options during the match, being able to take on different roles depending on the situation, with powerful combos, good camping and gimping potential.
- Can string attacks very easily, being able to initiate ground to air combos and vice-versa.
- Many attacks have very high duration, with long-lasting hitboxes.
- Needle can nullify many approaches, as well being able to land off-stage kills against opponents with poor recovery due the high flinch.
- Burst Grenade allows Sheik to dominate the space around her. Being able to control the fuse of the bomb can lead to many follow ups, as well various mindgames.
- Bouncing Fish is an excellent finisher and follow up to her combos, and the recoil doesn't prejudices Sheik's recovery, as like the name suggests, she will bounce off opponents once the attack connects. This makes this attack deadly to be used for gimping and earlier kills.
- Vanish is powerful for both recovery and attack, being able to do both if right timed. The initial explosion is powerful enough to KO opponents at mid-high percentages off-stage. It also has invincibility frames during the teleport, as well a very small window of opportunity for opponents to interrupt it.
- Has a Meteor Smash, Down Aerial, at very earlier frames. Although very unreliable, can be a surprise attack depending on how used.
- Lightweight, being easy to launch.
- Lack of range in many moves, forcing Sheik to go personal, which can be dangerous against opponents with disjointed hitboxes.
- Lack of KO power in many moves.
Differences from Brawl
Sheik has received major buffs to further increase her mobility and power. Many of her moves properties now resembles a bit the ones she had in Melee. As transformations have been removed, she no longer can transform into Zelda and vice-versa. She also received very few nerfs.
Appearance-wise, Sheik looks much like she did in Brawl, with a Twilight Princess-esque design. However, she has some additional details on her clothes, as well more defined masculine build that resembles her original design from Ocarina of Time. She also got a new standing idle animation that gives her a more fierce look, as well two new idle poses. Most of her animations have been slightly tweaked to give her a more nimble and graceful manner.
- Faster air speed.
- Slightly faster walking and dash speeds.
- Short hop is much faster and her normal jump has less landing lag.
- No longer able to perform Tether Recovery due her new Side Special, Burst Grenade.
- No longer able to transform into Zelda, thus losing access to Farore's Wind to aid her recovery.
- The second hit of her Neutral Attack can transition between rapid jabs and a finisher.
- All Tilts deal less damage, however have higher knockback.
- Up and Down Tilts deal less damage, have less ending lag and lower knockback growth.
- Forward Smash's second hit is much stronger in terms of knockback. However, it deals less damage.
- Up Smash's sweetspot is a bit stronger in terms of knockback, but harder to land. Also, sourspot causes slightly lower knockback, and it deals less damage.
- Down Smash's animation is slightly tweaked, deals less damage and knockback, but has slightly lower ending lag. Additionally, the hits can now connect better on the first hit.
- Dash Attack's animation is slightly different, where Sheik claws more forcefully. It's now a multi-hit attack, has slightly higher reach and causes more horizontal knockback.
- Neutral Aerial has less knockback growth, making it a less reliable KO move, but very useful in combos.
- Forward Aerial has a slightly different animation, covering more of Sheik's body when attacking, forming an arc. It is much faster, but it deals less damage and no longer sends opponents at a slightly downwards trajectory.
- Back Aerial has less ending lag, but, it deals less damage.
- Up Aerial is now a multi-hit attack, similar to Samus' Up Aerial, however it deals higher knockback, but less damage.
- Down Aerial now causes Meteor Smash, however it descends much faster. Additionally, also causes a second hit against grounded opponents. However, it deals less damage.
Grabs and Throws
- Forward Throw is slightly faster and sends opponents more vertically, able to follow up with attacks such as Forward Aerial.
- Back Throw has less ending lag, allowing for more follow ups.
- Down Throw deals more knockback, and now sends opponents more vertical above Sheik, like in Melee, but still allows follow ups. However, it deals less damage.
- Needle Storm now inflicts knockback, specially when fully charged, allowing Sheik to control her space better. When used in midair, no longer gives Sheik landing lag.
- New Side Special, Burst Grenade, replaces her old one, Chain. Rather than using the chain to cause damage, Sheik launches a grenade attached to the chain, which explodes when the button is released, causing knockback. Prior explosion also has windboxes that pulls opponents towards the grenade, increasing the chances to hit. When used in midair, it leaves Sheik in a helpless state. Also, this means Sheik no longer has a tether recovery.
- Vanish now has a hitbox when Sheik reappears, dealing great damage and knockback; it also has windboxes that pushes opponents, making it a safer move upon landing should the damaging hitbox does not connect. The hitbox when she disappears inflicts much higher knockback, able to KO at high percentages near the ledge.
- New Down Special, Bouncing Fish, replaces her old one, Transform. It functions similar to Zero Suit Samus' Down Special, Flip Jump, however it covers much more horizontal range and is very fast, being a powerful follow up option for her aerial game. It also has very high base knockback, as well aiding in her recovery.
- Light Arrow deals slightly less knockback than Zelda's, but causes more damage and now launches opponents at a lower angle instead of straight forward. With this in mind, it can be considered a semi-spike.
Neutral combo: Two hand swipes leading into a rapid flurry with an ender.
Forward tilt: A forward and upward kick that can combo.
Up tilt: A handstand kick, leading to a downwards kick.
Down tilt: A double sweep kick.
Dash attack: A quick dual hand swipe in front of Shiek.
Up smash: A dual hand swipe downwards, which is one of her strongest attacks.
Forward smash: An advancing double forward kick.
Down smash: A handstand spin kick.
To be added
Neutral air: A quick jump kick.
Forward air: A quick hand swipe downwards.
Up air: An upwards spiral kick.
Down air: A quick diagonal kick downwards hitting the ground, similar to Sonic and Zero suit samus.
Back air: A behind upwards diagonal kick.
Grabs and Throws
To be added
- Burst Grenade: Throw a grenade that before explosion, sucks opponents in. Hold the button for longer stay.
- Vanish: Shiek disappears and reappears, with the explosions causing damage.
- Needle Storm: Throw quick needles. Can be charged to six needles at max.
- Bouncing Fish: A flip kick that rebounds off opponents. You can only rebound three times.
|Sheik's Special Moves|
|Standard Special||Needle Storm|
|Side Special||Chain||Burst Grenade|
|Down Special||Transform||Bouncing Fish|
|Final Smash||—||Light Arrow||Sheikah Dance|
|Sheik's Custom Special Moves|
|Custom 1||Custom 2|
|Standard Special||Penetrating Needles||Paralyzing Needle|
|Side Special||Gravity Grenade||Skimming Grenade|
To Be Added
In Competitive Play
To Be Added
In The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Sheik claimed to be a surviving Sheikah. However, this was just a cunning disguise used by--SPOILER ALERT!--Princess Zelda so she could hide from Ganondorf. In Smash Bros., she's the complete opposite of Zelda, striking with fast attacks that can unbalance her foes.
- N64 - The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (11/1998)
- 3DS - The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (06/2011)
Sheik's Burst Grenade side special throws a small grenade that draws in nearby fighters before exploding. Once the button has been released, it'll hop or explode after a time. The down special Bouncing Fish is an attack where Sheik strikes with both heels, falling similarly to the way a fish might flop around.
To Be Added
- Sheik is now a separate character, alongside Zero Suit Samus and Charizard, since Sakurai stated characters can no longer change during matches in any form.
- Since Sheik is now her own character, two new moves have been added, the Bouncing Fish and the Burst Grenade.
- Sheik's eight color skin variation appears to be a reference to Tetra. Wich is another transformation from Zelda.