|“||Now Sheik joins the battle wearing the Sheikah costume from The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. Keep the pressure on your opponent by using his speedy dash to quickly close in on (or get away from) your opponent!||”|
|—Description from the Super Smash Blog.|
When unlocked, she is fought at Gerudo Valley.
- 1 Attributes
- 2 Summary
- 3 Changes from SSBWU/3DS
- 4 Moveset
- 5 In competitive play
- 6 Role in World of Light
- 7 Palette Swaps
- 8 Gallery
- 9 External links
- Among the fastest dash speeds in the game.
- Strong combo game, with lots of options for comboing opponents.
- Fast attacks with little start-up or endlag.
- High jump height.
- Can crawl, wall cling, and wall jump.
- Fast falling speed makes her susceptible to combos and juggling.
- Few kill options outside of smash attacks.
- Few kill confirms.
- Low range on many attacks.
- Low damage output on many attacks, has difficulty racking up lots of damage quickly.
Changes from SSBWU/3DS
- Like several of the other Zelda characters, Sheik's design has been updated once again, now wearing the Sheikah costume from The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.
- Has a new final smash; instead of firing her Light Arrow, she now strikes her opponent(s) at blinding speeds.
Grabs and Throws
- Burst Grenade side special no longer puts Sheik into helpless state.
- Neutral Attack: An inward knifehand strike, followed by an upward knifehand strike.
- Forward Tilt (Cycle Kick): A roundhouse kick.
- Up Tilt: Performs a stretch kick that transitions to an axe kick.
- Down Tilt: A legsweep.
- Dash Attack: Lunges to perform an outward fanning knifehand strikes with both of her arms.
- Forward Smash: A roundhouse kick followed by a spinning side kick.
- Up Smash (Razor Wing): Raises her arms overhead and then quickly swings them downward to perform outward fanning knifehand strikes.
- Down Smash: A modified butterfly kick performed from the windmill (a breakdancing move).
- Floor Attack (Front): Kneels and performs a palm thrust in front of herself, and then behind herself.
- Floor Attack (Back): A kick-up transitioned into a double-footed scorpion kick.
- Floor Attack (Trip): Squats on one leg and performs a spinning roundhouse kick.
- Edge Attack: Performs a corkscrew dropkick while climbing up.
- Neutral aerial: A flying kick.
- Forward aerial (Hatchet): A lunging, downward knifehand strike.
- Back aerial: A high-angled back kick.
- Up aerial: A diagonal, corkscrew flying kick.
- Down aerial: A diagonal flying kick.
Grabs and Throws
- Grab: Reaches out.
- Pummel: A knee strike.
- Forward Throw: The tie shan kao (a technique used in Bajiquan).
- Back Throw: Throws opponent behind herself and performs a mid-level side kick.
- Up Throw: A handstand kick.
- Down Throw: A collar drag takedown followed by a somersault axe kick.
|Sheik's Special Moves|
|Standard Special||Needle Storm|
|Side Special||Chain||Burst Grenade|
|Down Special||Transform||Bouncing Fish|
|Final Smash||—||Light Arrow||Sheikah Dance|
- Up Taunt: Performs the pike, a breakdancing move.
- Down Taunt: A modified version of the age uke, a blocking technique in Japanese martial arts.
- Side Taunt: Pulls out the tripwire she uses for Burst Grenade and stretches it out, causing a "twang" sound.
Appears from a Deku Nut's explosion while briefly emanating blue wisps.
- Rears back her left hand up to her face, then quickly swings it outward.
- Performs a modified passé.
- Left: Kicks once (similar to her forward tilt), spins on the ground (similar to her down smash), then poses with her arms blocking her face.
- Up: Crouches, swipes with her hand twice, then stands up while rearing back her right hand up to her face.
- Right: Performs the fumikomi geri (a stomp-style kick in karate), followed by a mid-level side kick, and then exhales loudly before performing the tate shuto uke (a blocking technique in Shotokan).
In competitive play
When Ultimate first came out, many top players, including ZeRo and Void, said that Sheik is no where near as good as she was in Sm4sh, due to her significant nerfs in her damage output, which was already lacking. Thus, Sheik was nonexistent in Ultimate's meta.
However, VoiD noticeably started playing Sheik again after Pichu had been nerfed and Sheik had been buffed in Patch 3.0.0. While playing Sheik again, VoiD has placed 9th at Glitch 7 - Minus World, defeating players such as Yeti and LeoN (albeit defeating LeoN using mainly Pichu) and 5th at Mainstage, defeating MVD, Muteace, and most notably Salem, while also taking MKLeo to game 5.
VoiD has expressed interest in mainly using solo Sheik and plans to do so. VoiD has also said that Sheik is still a high tier character, and he is the only notable NA Sheik player with plentiful results.
Role in World of Light
Although Sheik does not appear in the World of Light opening cutscene, she was vaporized and later imprisoned alongside the rest of the fighters (sans Kirby) when Galeem unleashed his beams of light.
During the mode itself, Sheik can be unlocked early on shortly after rescuing Mario, where the player arrives at a crossroads and has the choice to rescue her, Marth or Villager. If one of the others is rescued first, Sheik's path will be blocked by a force field created by Master Hand, which will disappear upon defeating a boss or can be circumvented by looping back to the other side.
Sheik has a separate awakening battle from Zelda, who appears in the opening cutscene.