- This article is about Samus's appearance in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. For other uses, see Samus Aran. Also, for information about the result of Samus using her Final Smash attack, see Zero Suit Samus.
Samus (サムス, Samusu) is a character appearing in Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
Unveiled at E3 2006, Samus's Final Smash attack results in her Power Suit being damaged and removed, transforming her into Zero Suit Samus. She is able to turn back into her Power Suit when Zero Suit Samus uses her Final Smash. . After the attack, the damaged parts of her power suit can be thrown as weapons.
Pros and Cons
- Multiple useful projectiles. Her Charge Shot and Super Missiles are some of the most powerful projectiles in the game, and her Homing missiles are extremely useful.
- Can missile-cancel
- Down Aerial is a powerful spike
- Down Smash is quick and powerful
- Back Aerial still a good finisher, and Down Tilt is an even better one
- Forward, Neutral, and Up Aerials and Up Smash are quick and have high priority
- Bomb Jumping gives great horizontal recovery
- Tether Recovery option with Grapple Beam
- She is very heavy. Combined with great recovery options and lack of a huge target for her weight, Samus is one of the hardest characters to KO.
- Grab has incredible range
- Jab is quick, has a large hitbox, even hitting behind Samus, and clanks with most moves.
- Aerial tether has incredible range, decent stun, and no landing lag. (A technique known as Grapple Canceling or Grapple Boxing)
- Charge shot from a perfect shield block has guaranteed damage.
- Lots of combo options.
- Quick, high priority moves have low knockback and damage
- Grab is slow if it misses
- Somewhat sluggish
- Powerful moves are on the slow side, making it hard for Samus to score quick kills
- Low falling speed
- Large target
Changes from Melee to Brawl
- Super missiles do vertical knockback
- Screw Attack traps opponents
- Bomb jumping is harder to do
- Less knockback on neutral aerial
- Down Tilt more powerful
- Bombs no longer explode on enemy contact
- Can't preform moves out of Morph Ball form after bomb jumping
- Slightly slower
Role in Subspace Emissary
Samus first infiltrates the base of the Subspace Army without her Power Suit. Along the way, she finds a captured Pikachu, which she frees, and in a way becomes Pikachu's Pokemon Trainer. After fighting off two Shadowbug clones of her Power Armor, Samus reacquires her Power Suit with the help of Pikachu. Soon afterwards, the duo are brutally attacked by Ridley.
Samus and Pikachu both survive their encounter and continue to investigate the base while under Red Alert. After much exploring, they come upon the mysterious Ancient Minister inside a storeroom with many unarmed bombs guarded by inactivate R.O.B.s.
- Event 10: All Star Regulars- Choose your character and take on the "original 8" fighters, two at a time.
- Event 16: Equip the Power Suit- On Frigate Orpheon, you play as Zero Suit Samus against two others. Be the first to obtain a Smash Ball and activate your Final Smash.
- Event 23: Red Hot Norfair- Samus must enter the safety capsule of Norfair first when the lava wave approaches.
- Event 36: High Tech Special Forces- Play as Snake and fight against Samus, Captain Falcon, and Wolf on Shadow Moses Island.
Co-Op Event Matches
- Event 7: Dark Squad Duel- Playing as Link and Samus, defeat your dark forms in a 200 HP Stamina match on bridge of Eldin.
- Event 12: Come Back! Falcon Flyer!- On Big Blue, KO both Samuses in under 30 seconds as Captain Falcon and Olimar.
- Event 21: The Real All Star Brawl- Select your character and take on the entire roster on Battlefield.
Up: Cuts the air with her arm as her booster goes off.
Side: Raises her arm cannon and shows its inner workings.
Down: Aims in one direction, then aims lower in the other direction.
Walks out of a Zebesian Save Point.
- Readies her blaster
- Punches then fires a shot from her blaster
- Rapid fires three shots while on one knee
Her booster makes its noice, then the Screw Attack noise from Melee is heard.
The intergalactic bounty hunter named Samus Aran. Orphaned at an early age, she was taken in and raised by the alien race known as the Chozo. The Power Suit she wears is a product of their technology. Her unique combat skills combined with her athleticism and Arm Cannon have seen her through countless missions.