Rumble Falls (大滝のぼり Ôtaki nobori?) is a stage for Super Smash Bros. Brawl, based on the Donkey Kong franchise, specifically Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat for the GameCube, and was later remade for Wii. It was revealed on Smash Bros. DOJO!! on July 23, 2007.
Similar in concept to Icicle Mountain from Super Smash Bros. Melee, Rumble Falls requires the characters to climb upwards on a series of platforms until they reach the top, once the top is reached the stage background fades into the starting waterfall and restarts itself. Randomly throughout the stage a flashing warning sign that reads "SPEED UP!" appears and the stage scrolls quicker. There are ladders in the level that characters are able to climb, which is a feature new to Brawl. The stage also features buttons at various locations which activate traps.
Rumble Falls is banned from tournaments for some of the same reasons that got Icicle Mountain banned: its fast scrolling, and giving advantages to players with good jumps. Also, characters who rely on a tether to recover are hurt, the first spike has one-hit KO potential, and the focus is more on the moving stage than the actual fighting. In fact, most stages from either the Mario universe or one of its sub-universes are banned from at least some tournaments; of the 12 Mario-related stages in Brawl, only Delfino Plaza, Yoshi's Island (SSBB), Jungle Japes, and Rainbow Cruise are not banned at all, despite the latter being a scrolling stage as well.
This stage is based on two stages in Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat. On the bottom half, the stage resembles its namesake from that game, Rumble Falls, the first stage of the Pineapple Kingdom; and at the top, it resembles another Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat stage, the Orange Kingdom's Sky Garden.
- When playing as the Pokémon Trainer, the Pokémon Trainer seems to teleport around, even though it's not shown how he does so. Similar effects occur during the Subspace Emissary.
- Stationary Final Smashes, like Negative Zone and Konga Beat, scroll with the stage, though Konga Beat will only move if performed in midair, but the stage will scroll much more slowly if DK is on the ground or in midair. Some other Final Smashes slow down the scrolling of the stage, but some Final Smashes halt the stage-scrolling, such as Triforce Slash and Great Aether.
- Bramble Blast, which plays on this stage, is one of only two songs that play on a Donkey Kong stage to be unlocked by collecting a CD - the other is Kong Jungle (Melee), which plays on the returning Jungle Japes stage (all songs on 75m are unlocked with the stage, and all the other songs on Rumble Falls are available from the start).
- It is not recommended to use a Bunny Hood on this stage as if you use more than your first jump, you will likely SD from a Star or a Screen KO.
- The stage does not show the "SPEED UP!" warning while a Smash Ball appears on the stage.
- When using Giga Bowser on this stage, it's possible for him to get either a Star KO or Screen KO with him by jumping too high and landing on a platform that's above the upper blast line. This is also possible on Rainbow Cruise.
- This stage is disliked by many players