- This article is about Pikachu's appearance in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. For other uses, see Pikachu.
|“||This fierce fighter uses electric moves like Thunder Jolt and Thunder. Pikachu Libre is one of the alternate costumes, and you can tell she's female by the shape of her tail.||”|
|—Description from the Super Smash Blog.|
Pikachu is a veteran fighter in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, first playable in Super Smash Bros. He/She was confirmed to return on June 12, 2018 during E3 2018. Pikachu remains relatively the same, although now he/she has two new female-exclusive alternate costumes (the Sun/Moon female protagonist and Libre Cosplay). Each female version of Pikachu acquires a heart-shaped tip of the end of its tail.
- 1 Attributes
- 2 Summary
- 3 Changes from SSBWU/3DS
- 4 Moveset
- 5 In competitive play
- 6 In Spirit Battles
- 7 Role in World of Light
- 8 Palette Swaps
- 9 Gallery
- 10 External links
- Small hurt boxes mean it can be hard to hit.
- Fast ground speed.
- Thunder can spike.
- Thunder Jolt is useful projectile.
- Has arguably the best recovery in the game
- Skull Bash is easily punishable when recovering.
- Very light weight means it is easy to launch.
- Low range on most moves.
Changes from SSBWU/3DS
- Pikachu's Final Smash, Volt Tackle, now moves across the stage automatically at lightning fast speeds.
- New up tilt.
- Pikachu has a new neutral aerial.
- Pikachu's down aerial now spikes.
Grabs and Throws
- Quick Attack now has a red arrow indicator showing the trajectory Pikachu is travelling in.
- Quick Attack can sometimes charge up and have voltage powers
- Neutral Attack (Headbutt): Pikachu headbutts forwards. It is a repetitive jab with short range, and does not attempt to link into him/herself.
- Forward Tilt: Pikachu does a horse kick.
- Up Tilt: Pikachu swings its tail upwards.
- Down Tilt: Pikachu sweeps its tail along the floor, and can trip opponents at mid percents.
- Dash Attack: Pikachu does a battering ram.
- Forward Smash: Pikachu sends multiple electrical shocks forwards from its cheeks.
- Up Smash (Iron Tail):Pikachu does a backflip, swinging its tail overhead.
- Down Smash (Electric Flower): Pikachu spins around with its tail extended and multiple electrical bolts surrounding it.
- Floor Attack (Front):
- Floor Attack (Back):
- Floor Attack (Trip):
- Ledge Attack: Hits with its tail.
- Neutral aerial: Pikachu emits a small electric surge around itself, similar to Mewtwo's Neutral Aerial. Hits multiple times and has great drag-down capability.
- Forward aerial: Pikachu headbutts forwards whilst spinning in midair, electricity surrounding its body.
- Back aerial (Glider): Pikachu spins around several times in a bellyflop pose, hitting with its outstretched arms.
- Up aerial: Pikachu swings its tail above itself.
- Down aerial (Electric Screw): Pikachu headbutts downwards whilst spinning, electricity surrounding its body; spikes when sweetspotted.
Grabs and Throws
- Pummel: Pikachu delivers an electrical shock to the opponent.
- Forward Throw: Pikachu places the opponent on its head and shocks them multiple times before tossing them away.
- Back Throw: Pikachu rolls backwards before tossing the opponent behind it.
- Up Throw: Pikachu headbutts the opponent upwards.
- Down Throw: Pikachu slams the opponent on the ground with its back.
|Pikachu's Special Moves|
|Standard Special||Thunder Jolt|
|Side Special||—||Skull Bash|
|Up Special||Quick Attack|
|Final Smash||—||Volt Tackle|
- Up Taunt: Tucks its body into a powering-up pose as electricity surrounds it like an aura.
- Down Taunt: Says "Pikaaaaaa!" in a sing-song voice while rolling over cutely on its back.
- Side Taunt: Says "Pika, pika!" while waving at the camera twice.
- Turns its head slightly to the side and scratches behind its ear.
- Perks up as if something caught its attention. Stands up taller than usual, and looks side-to-side while wiggling its ears.
- Ears perk, scratches its right ear.
- Backflips and spins, and looks forward.
In competitive play
To be added
In Spirit Battles
As the Main Opponent
- Honey Queen (Giant)
- Little Mouser
- Moley (Giant)
- Alolan Raichu
- Tapu Koko
- Detective Pikachu (x4)
- Partner Pikachu
- Elec Man
- Great Zapfish (Giant)
- Reporter & Wrestler
As a Minion
Role in World of Light
Pikachu was among the fighters summoned to the cliffside to fight an army of Master Hands.
During the opening cutscene, Pikachu was present on the cliffside when Galeem unleashed his beams of light. While attempting to run away, Pikachu was noticed by Sonic, who slowed down for Pikachu in an attempt to save it. However, both of them were vaporized and placed under Galeem's imprisonment along with the rest of the fighters, except for Kirby.
Pikachu can later be found stuck on an island that can only be accessed by falling into the current of a waterfall, then the player must confront the spirit of Esna before they can battle to awaken it.