- This article is about Pichu's appearance in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. For other uses, see Pichu.
||Pichu is back after 17 years! Pichu's electric attacks have greater range and do more damage than its other attack types – but they also damage Pichu.
|—Description from the Super Smash Blog.
Pichu is a veteran fighter in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, first playable in Super Smash Bros. Melee. It was confirmed to return on June 12, 2018 during E3 2018. It remains relatively unchanged from Melee; some of its attacks still cause itself damage.
When unlocked, it is fought at Pokémon Stadium 2.
- Very effective at dodging attacks.
- One of the smallest hurtboxes in the game.
- High agility.
- Agility is one of the fastest up specials in the game and is directional.
- One of the weakest characters in terms of endurance.
- Much like in Melee, its attacks can still hurt itself.
- Lowest weight in the game.
Changes from Melee
- Pichu's appearance has been updated to match its appearance in the more recent games in the Pokémon franchise.
- Pichu's still harms himself when performing electrical moves; however this self-damage has been reduced compared to Melee.
- Its down tilt now has an electric effect on the opponents it hits.
Grabs and Throws
- As Pichu was absent since Super Smash Bros. Brawl, its final smash is now Volt Tackle, and its effects are similar to Pikachu's: except Pichu does injure itself when performing the move (10%).
- Agility now can move in only two directions. (it also has an arrow pointing toward the direction he's going)
- Neutral Attack: Pichu delivers a quick headbutt.
- Forward Tilt: Pichu stands on both feet and kicks both feet forward. Has an electric effect that causes recoil damage.
- Up Tilt: Pichu crouches and whips its tail in an arc over its body.
- Down Tilt: Pichu spins around on the ground and attacks with its tail.
- Dash Attack: Pichu leaps forward to attack enemies with a headbutt.
- Forward Smash: Pichu leans forward and shocks the opponent with a jolt of electricity from its cheeks.
- Up Smash: Pichu attacks with an upwards headbutt.
- Down Smash: Pichu quickly spins in place.
- Floor Attack (Front): Pichu attacks with a headbutt on both sides while getting up.
- Floor Attack (Back): Pichu delivers a sweepkick attack that hits on both sides.
- Floor Attack (Trip):
- Ledge Attack:
- Neutral aerial: Pichu curls up and somersaults in the air.
- Forward aerial: Pichu spirals forwards while emitting sparks from its cheeks.
- Back aerial: Pichu spins horizontally multiple times in the air.
- Up aerial: Pichu strikes upwards with its tail while doing a flip.
- Down aerial: Pichu spirals towards the ground while emitting electricity from its cheeks.
Grabs and Throws
- Pummel: Pichu shocks the opponent with electricity.
- Forward Throw: Pichu places the opponent on its back and electrocutes them before launching them away.
- Back Throw: Pichu flips backwards and performs multiple somersaults before launching the opponent away.
- Up Throw: Pichu throws the opponent upward and attacks with a headbutt.
- Down Throw: Pichu drops the opponent onto the ground and jumps on top of them.
- Up Taunt: Pichu tries charging up an electrical attack but ends up feeling dizzy.
- Down Taunt: Pichu cuddles up on the ground and says its name.
- Side Taunt: Pichu hops in the air waving its arms and shouting its name.
- Appears from a Pokéball, jumps up, and says it's name.
- It looks to its left and right.
- It looks at its tail
- Excitedly jumps up and down while spinning, and ends holding up it's hand.
- Electrically shocks itself, fell and gets up, winks and smiles.
- Jumps up and down 3 times, with the third jump being the highest, and poses.
In competitive play
To be added
- Pichu and Young Link share the longest gap between playable appearances in the Super Smash Bros. series, with seventeen years between Melee and Ultimate.
- One of the poses Pichu strikes in its new taunt resembles its trophy from Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS.
- Pichu is the only veteran previously cut from SSB4 to not appear in the full group artwork version of the box cover.
19 Pichu – Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 https://youtu.be/3rcFRi66z5o