|“||THE super princess. Watch out for her powerful kicks while she's airborne. Using her down special, she picks vegetables and throws them at her opponents. Sometimes she even gets items...like a Bob-omb!||”|
|—Description from the Super Smash Blog.|
Peach is a veteran fighter in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, first playable in Super Smash Bros. Melee. Her fighter number is #13, and this time she serves as an unlockable character. Her return was confirmed at the E3 2018 Conference on June 12, 2018.
- 1 How to Unlock
- 2 Attributes
- 3 Summary
- 4 Changes from SSBWU/3DS
- 5 Moveset
- 6 In competitive play
- 7 In Spirit Battles
- 8 Palette Swaps
- 9 Gallery
- 10 External links
How to Unlock
- Play VS Matches, with Peach being the 12th character unlocked.
- Play Classic Mode with Fox or any character in his character tree, with Peach being unlocked after Zero Suit Samus.
- Have Peach join the party in World of Light.
In the first two methods, Peach must be fought and defeated on Princess Peach's Castle.
- Slow air speed and falling speed, which greatly compliments her combo game and also aids her recovery.
- Can float, with Daisy being the only other character capable of it.
- Can float cancel, allowing her to effectively use aerial moves at ground height.
- Great aerial combat, with many combos and setups.
- All versions of her Forward Smash have disjointed hitboxes.
- Great horizontal recovery with Peach Bomber and her floating.
- Toad is a Counterattack.
- Peach Parasol has a high priority and disjointed hitboxes, making her safe against many Meteor Smashes.
- Peach Parasol can also K.O opponents during the jumping animation or after Peach closes her Parasol and re-opens it very quickly, but this requires for the opponent to be above Peach while airborne and take enough damage.
- Vegetables are a great tool for combos and gimping. It also has a small chance of pulling Stitch Faces, Bob-ombs, and Mr. Saturns, working even if items are turned off.
- Very light character, being easily KO'ed.
- Slow movement speed gives her trouble against faster characters.
- Has problems with approaching, as her only projectile is her Vegetables.
- Lack of Meteor Smash doesn't give her many options against opponents with high recovery.
- Her recovery can be easily gimped, and her vertical recovery is somewhat low.
- Vegetables can be picked up by opponents and thrown back at Peach.
- Inability to deal with opponents who have disjointed hitboxes.
- Has a high learning curve, thus being unpopular in competitive play.
Changes from SSBWU/3DS
- Peach always faces the screen.
- Side Taunt is shortened so Peach dances back and forth once
- Down Taunt now has a heart pop up next to Peach's head and she no longer spins before winking.
- Down Tilt is now a shin kick instead of an arm swipe, similar to Zelda's down tilt.
- Forward Smash can be angled, though this allows Peach to manually choose which weapon to use during her charging animation; angling up switches to her frying pan, angling down switches to her tennis racket, and leaving the stick neutral switches to her golf club. Tennis racket deals more damage and lacks a sourspot.
- All Aerials have less landing lag.
Grabs and Throws
- Toad now appears in Peach's grabbing animation, pummel, and throws
- Down Throw has more combo potential.
- Toad's animation has changed; instead of Peach holding Toad in front of her, Toad appears in front of Peach while she hides behind him, covering her ears.
- Peach Bomber deals more normal and shield damage, executes and ends faster.
- Peach Parasol has less landing lag when opened, more landing lag when closed, and is more difficult to KO with off the upper blast zone due to the changes in rage.
- Vegetable is executed faster and travel faster, and have more power and the ability to clank with certain hitboxes.
- Neutral Attack: Peach slaps forth with one hand, and then slaps again.
- Forward Tilt: Peach does a high kick.
- Up Tilt: Peach raises one arm as a heart appears above her, which then bursts.
- Down Tilt: Peach kicks low to the ground (which has a meteor effect when hitting on the ground.)
- Dash Attack: Peach shoves forth with both hands.
- Forward Smash (A Tool for Every Job): Peach swings forth either a frying pan, golf club, or tennis racket; when the attack is angle up she will use the frying pan, angled down will use the tennis racket, and when not angled it will use the golf club.
- Up Smash (Ribbon Dance): Peach spins around and raises one arm, with a ribbon surrounding her and a heart bursting above her.
- Down Smash: Peach rapidly spins around low to the ground, hitting on both sides with her dress.
- Floor Attack (Front): A flare.
- Floor Attack (Back): A sweep kick.
- Floor Attack (Trip): A kick to both sides.
- Ledge Attack: Swipes her hand along the ground.
- Neutral aerial: Peach spins around with her arms extended.
- Forward aerial: Peach takes her crown off her head and swings it in a downwards arc in front of herself.
- Back aerial: Peach thrusts her butt backwards; a heart bursts behind her.
- Up aerial: Peach swings her arms overhead, a rainbow trailing behind her arms.
- Down aerial: Peach kicks downwards four times.
Grabs and Throws
- Pummel: Toad punches the opponent while Peach holds them.
- Forward Throw: Toad rams into the opponent.
- Back Throw: Peach hits the opponent backwards with her butt.
- Up Throw: Peach hurls the opponent upwards.
- Down Throw: Peach puts the opponent on the ground and Toad headbutts them.
|Peach's Special Moves|
|Side Special||Peach Bomber|
|Up Special||Peach Parasol|
|Final Smash||—||Peach Blossom|
- Up Taunt: Twirls her parasol while saying "Sweet!".
- Side Taunt: Dances back and forth while singing "La la la la la la" in a tune similar to "Ring Around the Rosie"
- Down Taunt: Bends slightly, points, and winks with a heart popping out next to her head, saying "Uh huh!".
- Appears spinning out of a shower of hearts, says "Hi!" to the player and waves at the screen.
- Looks over her shoulders and rubs something off her dress.
- Raises arms up and stretches.
- Moves her ring on her finger a little and looks at it.
- Brushes the front of her hair with her hand.
- Leans on her parasol and raises it, while saying "Aw, did I win?".
- Twirls with hearts surrounding her, then says "This is fun!".
- Waves, blows a kiss, and says "Peachy!". Afterwards, she rests her right arm across her waist, and waves with her left hand.
In competitive play
To be added
In Spirit Battles
As the Main Opponent
- Peach (Wedding)
- Cheep Charger
- Badwagon (Metal)
- Princess Shroob
- Rabbid Peach (Bunny)
- Magearna (Metal)
- Princess Shokora
As a Minion
- MC Ballyhoo & Big Top
- Mario (Mario Tennis Aces)
- Gangster, Lady, & Policeman
- Mio & Mayu Amakura
- Dice Block
As an Ally
- Bowser (Wedding)
- Donkey Kong & Lady