- This article is about Pac-Man's appearance in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. For other uses, see Pac-Man.
|“||This fighter appears in both his classic form and his form with hands and legs. He has many unique special moves, such as using a trampoline or a fire hydrant. For his Final Smash, he grows into a giant Super PAC-MAN, chomping and launching his opponents!||”|
|—Description from the Super Smash Blog.|
Pac-Man (stylized as PAC-MAN in-game) is a veteran fighter in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, first playable in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U. He was confirmed during Nintendo's E3 2018 presentation.
When unlocked, he is fought at Pac-Land.
- 1 Attributes
- 2 Summary
- 3 Changes from SSBWU/3DS
- 4 Moveset
- 5 In competitive play
- 6 Palette Swaps
- 7 Gallery
- 8 External links
- Low startup and ending lag on various attacks.
- Great poking attacks, useful for interrupting enemies, making him unpredictable.
- Quite agile on both air and ground.
- Bonus Fruit can make his ranged approaches unpredictable.
- Fire Hydrant is a great trap-move, constantly pushing enemies, also being very effective for edge-guarding. Pac-Man can also attack the Hydrant, launching it at his opponents.
- Versatile recovery.
- Capable of crawling and wall jumping.
- All Ghosts that appear in his Smash Attacks count as disjointed hitboxes.
- Enemies can attack Fire Hydrant and launch it back at Pac-Man, causing damage to him.
- Enemies can grab his Bonus Fruits and use them against him.
- All Smash attacks have considerable high startup lag.
- His Final Smash is relatively easy to dodge.
Changes from SSBWU/3DS
- New up tilt.
Grabs and Throws
- Pac-Man can now grab opponents before the grab fully extends
- His Final Smash has been altered to now make Pac-Man loop around the entire stage, rather than the player controlling him.
- Neutral Attack: Lunge forward to deliver a double hit, then flip back and knock away foes.
- Forward Tilt: Large boot kick with decent reach that can be angled - good against air opponents and those hanging from a ledge.
- Up Tilt: Giant fist strike upward. Launches foes. Can be spammed.
- Down Tilt: 2-D Pac-Man form that chomps feet, knocking away foes.
- Dash Attack: 2-D Pac-Man form that chomp attacks, then launches foes into the air.
- Forward Smash: Blinky is summoned and launches foes away.
- Up Smash: Inky summoned above Pac-Man, launching enemies to the sky. For foes directly in front of Pac-Man, knocks them into Inky. Good KO.
- Down Smash: Pinky and Clyde summoned in front and back, clearing away foes. Best when in the midst of crowded battles.
- Floor Attack (Front):
- Floor Attack (Back):
- Floor Attack (Trip):
- Ledge Attack:
- Neutral aerial: 2-D Pac-Man chomps in a circular pattern, knocking foes up. Damage is front-loaded.
- Forward aerial: Spinning roundhouse kick, knocks away foes. Very fast with little lag.
- Back aerial: Double leg strike, best used with back facing ledges to deal with foes trying to attack from behind.
- Up aerial: Flip attack with both legs, striking both in front and behind.
- Down aerial: Multi-hit head stomp. Last hit knocks enemy into the air and asway. High landing lag, but high damage.
Grabs and Throws
- Pummel: Tractor beam.
- Forward Throw: Standard forward throw.
- Back Throw: High power launch.
- Up Throw: Launch foe overhead.
- Down Throw: Knockback.
|Pac-Man's Special Moves|
|Standard Special||Bonus Fruit|
|Side Special||Power Pellet|
|Down Special||Fire Hydrant|
|Final Smash||Super Pac-Man|
- Up Taunt: Holds his hand out presenting one of many possible sprites.
- Down Taunt: Lays down looking up while two pixel fairies and pixel music notes spin around him.
- Side Taunt: Rehearses his movement from the arcade Pac-Man game.
- Appears in his 2D form, then jumping out into his 3D form.
- Winks and gives a thumbs-up while looking at the camera.
- Tilts forward a bit while scratching his head.
- Travels in ball form before tripping over and raising his fist above his head.
- Chases a ghost in his 2D form and strikes a pose in his 3D form.
- Lands from above as a sign saying 7650 appears. He then gives a thumbs-up as a pixelated fairy comes from above.
In competitive play
To be added