A One-Hit KO (or abbv. OHKO) is a very strong hit that can KO the enemy at 0% damage, but basically all of them are highly conditional, all sharing the following restrictions:
- The opponent does not tech, DI, or crouch cancel.
- There is not a wall to block the knockback.
- Knockback may be insufficient on very large stages (e.g. Hyrule Temple, New Pork City)
- Knockback may be insufficient if the attack had been used previously.
- They are essentially normal attacks, so they can be blocked or dodged as usual.
- Roy's fully charged Standard Special Move, Flare Blade.
- Knuckle Joe's finisher.
- Suicune's Aurora Beam (Brawl Only).
- Deoxys's Hyper Beam.
- A Smash Attack done by a Home-Run Bat.
- Game and Watch's fully charged Oil Panic, with Ness's PK Flash, or another strong projectile.
- Getting eaten by the Fish on Summit or a Bulborb on Distant Planet. (This is not technically a "hit"; rather, the victim is trapped and dragged off-screen.)
- Roy's Counter against certain higher-knockback attacks.
- The explosion from a Banzai Bill.
- The Ultimate Chimera's bite. (In Stamina Mode, it's sometimes a One-hit KO.)
- Corneria's cannon laser shots.
- A Pitfall against a Wario using the Wario Bike.
- Marth's Critical Hit Final Smash.
- Zelda's Light Arrow Final Smash (Sheik's as well, but the knockback path is more likely to hit an obstacle)(Also note that the power is spread between multiple opponents so it will only One-hit KO when only one person is caught by the arrow).
- Wario-Man's fully charged Wario Waft.
- Luigi's Fire Jump Punch inside his Negative Zone Final Smash.
- Luigi's down taunt in Brawl will One-hit KO an opponent grabbing the ledge.
- The Dragoon
- Various thrown items or projectiles such as the Unira used between two Pit's both using Mirror Shield right next to it.
- Various Attacks that normally KO from 60% (such as Ganondorf's Warlock Punch and Ike's Fully charged Forward Smash) when Giant Sized.
- Tabuu's Off Waves (on Normal or higher difficulties in SSE). (Very Hard and Intense in Boss Battle mode)
- Getting crushed in the Subspace Emissary.
- Getting hit by the bow/front of the Pirate Ship.
- Getting hit by a walking Bomb-omb while using Fox's reflector. (only in SSB)
|This Super Smash Bros. related article or section is a stub. You can help Smashpedia by expanding it.|