New Pork City is a stage in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, hailing from the game Mother 3. It is a massive stage, approximately the size of the Temple stage in both Super Smash Bros. Melee and Brawl. It is comprised of dozens of buildings, giving the impression of a large city. However, the battle area consists of a series of platforms that seem to have no connection to the city itself.
Like the Temple stage, this stage is banned in tournaments for similar reasons as well as the Ultimate Chimera hazard.
The Ultimate Chimera is a hazard in New Pork City. Appearing randomly in any part of the stage, it walks slowly and its bite attack results in a One-hit KO and deals about 100% or 200% damage each bite. The Ultimate Chimera can only be defeated by destroying the makeshift bridge platform at the lower center of the stage when it walks over it. Also, it is possible to tech the attack.
In Mother 3
In Mother 3, The Ultimate Chimera is first seen in a factory in a forest (in chapter 7) then appears in the New Pork City building (in chapter 8). When it sees or is near Lucas' party, it will pursue them. Engaging it in battle is useless as it will kill the party in one hit when it is engaged. The Ultimate Chimera still has an "off" button on his back, but the bird on its head will turn it back on when turned off in Mother 3, and is useless in Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
Songs in My Music
- Porky's Theme
- Unfounded Revenge / Smashing Song of Praise
- Mother 3 Love Theme
- You Call This a Utopia?!
- Humoresque of a Little Dog
(Bolded songs must be unlocked.)
- In the background on the right side of the stage you can see the Porky Statue.
- The Chimera's attack will do 100% or 200% and cause an instant kill, although on incredibly rare occasions on a certain exact position, the victim will fly into a wall twice and neutralize the knockback, thus surviving the attack.
- It is possible to tech after being hit by the Chimera, and it is possible to air dodge through it.
- When the Chimera appears the field becomes darker (like when a Smash Ball has been broken), and it will also make a *ching* sound--the same sound heard when it would notice Lucas in MOTHER 3.
- The only way to "defeat" the Chimera is breaking the facade floor in the middle of the stage from underneath it, or if it spawns over the hole, this will cause it to fall.
- It is also possible to survive the Chimera's bite while wearing a Metal form. If bitten, knockback and damage will be significantly reduced, but the Metal state will be lost.
- There is also a glitch that can be performed with Falco. If you stand on the facade floor and shoot your blaster to the left, the shots will stick onto the far platform for a short time.
- In event match descriptions, New Pork City is often called "the tyrant's town". The tyrant is probably Porky Minch.
- For some reason, when one walks over to the Ultimate Chimera as Giga Bowser the Chimera will not bite and completely ignore your presence.
- The flying limo acts as a platform.
- The buildings in the background are not rendered in 3D. Instead, they are the original 2D sprites from MOTHER 3.
- On the stage selection, it refers to the stage hailing from Earthbound, although it is not from said game (although it could be refering to the series as a whole)