Nabbit is a non-playable character who appears in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U. He appears in the Mushroom Kingdom U stage as a hazard. Nabbit snatches nearby players in his bag and tries to fly out of the blast line with them to K.O. them. In New Super Mario Bros. U, Nabbit is seen in certain worlds and side missions when Toad is captured and the player must catch the Nabbit and set him free. It's possible to attack Nabbit, and if he is attacked he will be launched away.
In Smash Tour
Nabbit appears as a random event in Smash Tour. He moves along the map picking up any item he comes across, and whoever bumps into him will retrieve his whole loot.
An underhanded little rascal who steals items from the Toad Houses and runs away with them. If you catch him, Toad might repay you with a nice present. In New Super Luigi U, he even manages to nab a position as a playable character! From burglar to hero in the blink of an eye... Not bad work, all things considered.
- Wii U - New Super Mario Bros. U (11/2012)s
- Wii U - New Super Luigi U (06/2013)
In New Super Mario Bros. U, Nabbit appears throughout several levels. When encountered by Mario and friends, they must chase him throughout the course within 100 seconds. When Nabbit is eventually caught, Toad will take a P-Acorn out of the bag and give it to the player as a reward. If players fail to catch him three times, Nabbit will flee and disappear until conditions are met.
Nabbit reappears in New Super Luigi U, this time as a new playable character (replacing Mario from the original game). Unlike other playable characters, Nabbit cannot use power-ups other than Super Mushrooms or ride Yoshis, but he is immune to all enemy attacks, though he can still get knocked back by tougher enemies. Despite his immunity to enemy attacks, Nabbit can still lose lives by falling into lava, getting crushed by certain obstacles, etc.
- There is a glitch involving Nabbit in which the player throws him and pauses the game in Training mode as they do so. If done correctly, Nabbit will be stuck to the person that threw him. If a character does the same to another opponent while Nabbit is attached to them, Nabbit and the thrown fighter will be stuck to the thrower. This bears some similarity to the Soul Breaker glitch in Melee.
- This can also cause the game to crash.
- This glitch was patched in version 1.0.6.