- For fighter info, see Min Min (SSBU)
Min Min is one of the playable fighters in the Nintendo Switch game ARMS.
Min Min is depicted as a Chinese, 18-year old girl who enjoys her mother's homemade ramen. She works in her family's restaurant business, the Mintendo Noodle House, as a waitress. Her official stats include being 5' 5" (167 centimetres) tall and her weight being "unimportant" (the Japanese ARMS website states that she is on a diet).
Min Min is one of the select few people in this universe to be born with a gene the causes ARMS, where a person's arms (or other body parts, in the case of Twintelle's hair) to transform into long stretchy material - for Min Min, her arms take on the form of ramen noodles.
To regain full control of their arms and prevent it from coming loose and untangled, these select few need to wear custom-made masks created by the scientists at ARMS Labs. For some, they use their newfound abilities to compete in the ARMS League, each for various reasons - in Min Min's case, she competes to help promote the Mintendo Noodle House.
Like with the rest of cast, Min Min has some abilities that only she can perform. First is her ability to kick and deflect incoming ARMS from opponents when she dodges backwards or left or right in the air. Secondly, when charged, her left arm can transform into a dragon and can enhance the power of the left ARM that is equipped.
Also like the rest of the cast, Min Min can equip all kinds of ARMS, each categorized as one of nine Attributes that will activate upon charging. When an opponent is hit with them, they will undergo a temporary status effect that can hinder them. These Attributes are:
- Fire - engulfs the opponent in flames after knocking them down
- Electric - disables the opponent's ARMS and makes the unable to move
- Wind - fighters will fly away in a short distance
- Stun - makes the opponent unable to move
- Explosion - combos the opponent in an explosion
- Ice - freezes and slows the movement of the opponent
- Blind - covers the opponent's screen
- Poison - the opponent's health will slowly drain away
- Null - no effects
Min Min's default set of ARMS (and the ones that she uses to fight in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate) are:
- Dragon - a medium-weight Fire-type ARM that will shoot laser beams
- Ramram - a lightweight Fire-type ARM that fires a projectile in a boomerang-like trajectory
- Megawatt - a heavyweight Electric-type ARM that is slow to launch but very powerful
A representative from ARMS was announced to be joining Ultimate in the Nintendo Direct Mini held on March 26, 2020. It wasn't until her presentation on June 22nd that it was revealed that Min Min was to be the first fighter in Fighters Pass Volume 2.
Her moveset is unique in that both of her arms can be controlled independently with the attack and special buttons. She also can use her three default ARMS and are interchangeable. Her unique gimmicks (reflective kicks and the dragon arm) are also a part of her repertoire.
She was released on June 29, 2020, alongside the stage Spring Stadium, 18 music tracks, and an ARMS-themed Spirit Board as a part of Challenger Pack 6.
Prior to Min Min's inclusion, she had already appeared in Ultimate's base game as a collectible Spirit. It is Primary Attack Spirit under the Advanced class. Her Spirit battle uses Corrin, who will repeatedly use Dragon Fang Shot, as a reference to her Dragon ARM. The stage is the omega form of New Pork City and the song that plays is "Dragon Driftway" from Mario Kart 8, both of which is a reference to her Chinese heritage.
- Min Min is the first:
- DLC fighter to represent a new first-party title
- Chinese-speaking fighter
- To represent a game where she isn't the default character or mascot
- Min Min is the second DLC fighter:
- Min Min's inclusion came by way of special request from Kosuke Yabuki, the producer of ARMS, who has stated before in an episode of Nintendo Minute that she is his favorite character. Prior to receiving the request, Masahiro Sakurai considered both Min Min and Ninjara as possible candidates.
- Min Min has the shortest duration of time of being introduced in Smash Bros. in a non-playable capacity and eventually becoming a fighter, at 1 year and 6 months, due to the fact that she appears in the base game already as a Spirit.
- Min Min is the fourth fighter to come from a fighting game, following Ryu, Ken, and Terry.
- Of the four, she is the only one to be first-party.
- On the subject of fighting games, Min Min's rapid jab bears a resemblance to the Hyakuretsukyaku attack that Chun-Li can perform in Street Fighter. This could be due to the fact that they are both female Chinese fighting game characters.
- Min Min is one of five characters to have never appeared on a handheld system prior to joining Smash, the others being Wii Fit Trainer, Bayonetta, Inkling, and Dark Samus.