- This is about the Mii's appearance in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. For specific info on each type of Mii, see Mii Brawler (SSBU), Mii Swordfighter (SSBU), and Mii Gunner (SSBU). For other uses, see Mii.
|“||You can choose from the three types of Mii Fighter and select from a set of three specials for each type. You can also choose one of 12 voice options!||”|
|—Description from the Super Smash Blog.|
Mii Fighters are veteran fighters in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, first playable in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U. They were confirmed during Nintendo's E3 2018 Direct on June 12th, 2018.
Types of Miis
Main Article: Mii Brawler (SSBU)
Mii Brawlers fight in hand-to-hand combat, and are both fast and powerful.
Main Article: Mii Swordfighter (SSBU)
Mii Swordfighters use their weapons skillfully and often fight calmer than their counterparts.
Main Article: Mii Gunner (SSBU)
Mii Gunners fight from far away using a wide range of projectiles.
Changes from SSBWU/3DS
- All three Mii Fighters' sizes have been tweaked compared to the previous game.
- Mii Fighters now have a total of twelve different voice options.
- Some of the special attack selections have changed.
- If the setting for echo fighters to be in their own separate slot is on, all 3 classes have their own fighter slot.
- As with selecting the palette swap with other fighters, selecting the Mii Fighter's render on the player's slot can allow them to change the Mii.
In competitive play
To be added
Role in World of Light
Although no type of Mii Fighter appear in the World of Light opening cutscene, all three of them were vaporized and later imprisoned alongside the rest of the fighters (except for Kirby) when Galeem unleashed his beams of light.
In the mode itself, each of the Miis can be found in different locations. In the Light Realm, the default Mii Swordfighter can be found in the small town square where Timmy and Tommy's is located, north-northeast of the first crossroads, and the default Mii Gunner is on the island that leads to the Forest Hill.
The Mii Brawler is in the Dark Realm, and can only be unlocked in the Sacred Land sub-area after completing an optional time puzzle on the Triforce of Wisdom, which is hinted by an Owl Statue located in the Triforce of Power's section left path, by setting the time to 4:40.
Defeating a Mii Fighter automatically adds a default version of said Mii under the name Mii with a default 1111 moveset to the list of Mii Fighters for all modes where Mii Fighters are usable. These Miis cannot be restored if deleted.
- Besides Echo Fighters, Mii Fighters are the only fighters in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate that aren't placed in the order they were added to Super Smash Bros. on the Character Selection Screen. They are placed at the very end when they should be placed between Greninja and Palutena. It is likely because Mii Fighters are custom avatar/created characters, much like the previous fighting games that have character creation mode.
- In the match prelude screen, the Mii Fighters are shown as the default Miis, albeit with their faces blacked out.
- Although Mii Fighters are starter fighters, replicas of the 3 default Miis can be added to the game by getting each of the classes to join your party in World of Light. You must do this for the Brawler, Swordfighter, and Gunner to get the replica of each of them. When added, the replica Miis come with the name "Mii," the default specials, standard outfits, and no voice or headgear.
- Mii Fighters are the only fighters in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate that can't be played as in Classic Mode.