The Metal Slug universe (メタルスラッグ, Metal Slug) is a canonical crossover fighting game series created by SNK. First released for the Neo Geo MVS Arcade and AES console in 1994. It is mostly known for bringing the characters related to Ikari Warriors team members in SNK Multiverse. The musics can only appear through downloadable fighter debuted in Fatal Fury, Terry Bogard.
The first game's story involved the Peregrine Falcon (PF) Squad, a small but skilled team of soldiers serving under the Regular Army's special operations division, who fight against the army of General Donald Morden in order to prevent a massive coup d'etat and the creation of a New World Order under General Morden. Later games featured characters from the Sparrows Unit, which is under the control of the Regular Army's intelligence division. In the games following the first, the PF Squad also battles an alien threat to Earth (the Mars People), as well as several other supernatural threats including yetis, zombies, ambulatory Venus flytraps, giant crabs and mummies. Outlandish elements were removed from the fourth game to return to the feel of the original title, which resulted in poor critical and commercial reception. The fifth moved to the motif of modern guerrilla warfare, leaving only traces of the series signature quirky humor and paranormal enemies (except for the final boss). Metal Slug 6 returned to the plot of the first three installments, bringing back Morden's Rebel Army and the Mars People.
List of games in Metal Slug franchise
- Metal Slug: Super Vehicle-001
- Metal Slug 2
- Metal Slug X
- Metal Slug 4
- Metal Slug 5
- Metal Slug 6
- Metal Slug 7
- Metal Slug XX
- Metal Slug 1st Mission
- Metal Slug 2nd Mission
- Metal Slug Advance
- Metal Slug 3D
- Metal Slug Mobile
- Metal Slug Mobile: Impact
- Metal Slug: Allen's Battle Chronicles
- Metal Slug STG
- Metal Slug Survivors / Metal Slug 4 Mobile
- Metal Slug Soldiers
- Metal Slug Fighters
- Metal Slug Warriors
- Metal Slug Mars Panic!
- Metal Slug Tactics
- Metal Slug M1
- Metal Slug Touch
- Metal Slug M2
- Metal Slug Team Mission
- Universal Metal Slug: Fierce Battle
- Universal Metal Slug: Login
- Universal Metal Slug: Tank Conspiracy
- Universal Metal Slug: Triumph
- Metal Slug Defense
- Metal Slug Revolution
- Metal Slug Attack
- Metal Slug XX Online
- Metal Slug Infinity
All of the content for this franchise was released on November 6th, 2019 as part of the version 6.0.0 update.
- "Main Theme from Metal Slug - METAL SLUG"
- "Assault Theme - METAL SLUG 1-3"
- "Final Attack - METAL SLUG 1-6"
- "Judgment - METAL SLUG 2"
- "Blue Water Fangs (The Island of Dr. Moreau) - METAL SLUG 3"
- Alongside The King of Fighters, Metal Slug is one of the two international's known best-selling hits.