- For the trophy, see Meta-Knight (trophy)
Meta Knight (メタナイト, Meta Naito) is a character appearing in the upcoming Super Smash Bros. Brawl. What is known about him is: he has a multi-hit aerial attack, can jump multiple times in mid-air, and has an attack like Kirby's Forward smash. He also is capable of gliding, like Pit and Charizard, and has several multiple-hit attacks.
Within the first Brawl trailer Meta Knight is seen shielding or reflecting one of Pit's arrows with his cape, which when on him renders him camouflaged with his surroundings with a sort of active camouflage. It appears to be his Dimensional Cape, but is still unknown whether or not it was exaggerated for the trailer, like the Wario Waft.
Role in the Subspace Emissary
Although Meta Knight himself has not been confirmed, the Battleship Halberd is known to have a large role, presumably with some connection to Meta Knight. Screenshots have shown Meta Knight fending off a group of knight-like enemies, so some believe that Meta Knight may not be in control of the Halberd at all and that his ship was stolen.
Grabs and Throws
- Back Throw: Similar to kirby's back throw in melee
- Forward Throw: Unknown
- Up Throw: Similar to kirby's up throw in melee
- Down Throw: Unknown
- Extends his wings for a moment and then pulls them back in
- Standard Special Move: Mach Tornado
- Side Special Move: Drill Rush
- Up Special Move: Shuttle Loop
- Down Special Move: Dimensional Cape
- Final Smash: Galaxia Darkness