Use this section to list vandals that need discipline. Please add them below and sign (~~~~) your comments. Include a legitimate reason why they need banning. Just because you don't like someone doesn't mean you can get them banned. Users and IPs that are taken care of will be crossed out
NOTE: Please do not list anonymous IPs if there were only a few minor offenses. If there are major offenses (blanking pages, personal attacks, derogatory/offensive words, inserting loads of gibberish, etc.) then please list the vandals, even if they've only done it once.
For registered accounts, list them if their only contributions were vandalism. In this case, it doesn't matter how many times nor how bad the vandalism has been. A vandal account is a vandal account and must be shut down immediately.
- Someone else got to it. I swear, that guy keeps coming back again and again... - (U • T • C ) 08:51, 15 January 2009 (UTC)
Go ahead, talk to me: ask questions, make suggestions, get advice. Just don't spam. KTHNX.
- Sorry for the late response; I'm already back in The States. I actually wasn't in a specific area and just traveled around to Melbourne, Sydney, and places in-between. - (U • T • C ) 02:37, 9 January 2009 (UTC)
- It's an animated gif image. I used MS Paint for the pixel work and GIMP to animate. - (U • T • C ) 02:37, 9 January 2009 (UTC)
- It's already on my userpage. Either way, I'm going to change it at some point. I'm still not completely satisfied with it. - (U • T • C ) 02:41, 9 January 2009 (UTC)
- Because Smashwiki defines class=wikitable in its css and McLeod doesn't. --◄mendel► (talk) 22:11, 12 January 2009 (UTC)
- I think you're better off asking someone that's familiar with that wiki. - (U • T • C ) 07:54, 13 January 2009 (UTC)
Just A QuestionEdit
- I'm not sure what grandfathered means. (And FYI, don't capitalize every single word.) - (U • T • C ) 06:55, 20 January 2009 (UTC)
- I wasn't active for a while. Good news: I have more time to be active now. Bad news: that's because I got fired. C'est la vie. - (U • T • C ) 05:33, 13 February 2009 (UTC)
Sorry about the fired thing. But, um, I don't know if you heard, but your crew's article (Bot P) was recently deleted in your absence. The reason was that it "wasn't notable". MarioGalaxyMay Guthix be with you... 22:22, 14 February 2009 (UTC)
- I don't think you need to remind her, MG. She's been going through enough already. 23:14, 14 February 2009 (UTC)
- No, it's alright. We only participated in a few tourneys, then everyone went to college &/or moved away. :/ - (U • T • C ) 21:45, 15 February 2009 (UTC)
If you had checked the image's talk page, you would've known its "relevance to SSB". The image was linked to from Snake's Codec Messages # Bowser, where it was indeed relevant. Please restore the image, and the link. Zixor (talk) 03:08, 2 March 2009 (UTC)
- Maybe the image can be put somewhere on one of the articles? 03:33, 2 March 2009 (UTC)
- If you had stopped to think for a second, you would realize why it was deleted. Does Gamera ever show up in Smash Bros anywhere? By your reasoning, we'd also need to add an image of Darth Vader because the Beam Sword has a resemblance to his lightsaber, an image of Halo's sticky grenade because it works kinda like the Gooey Bomb, an image of Babe Ruth because of the Homerun Bat... and so on. Seriously, Gamera has no place here in the SmashWiki. - (U • T • C ) 02:48, 3 March 2009 (UTC)
.....that's just a God awful argument. Rather than argue against it, I'll think I'll do it myself.
-Well, this was my initial reaction..... I honestly don't know what I should do about this.....
- English pls. 11:13, 3 March 2009 (UTC)
- Look, there's no Gamera in Smash Bros, so there's no need for the image. Someone linked to Wikipedia, so there's no need. Are we done now? - (U • T • C ) 09:04, 4 March 2009 (UTC)
- And by "best (final)" solution do you mean me blocking you for re-uploading deleted files and removing delete tags? Clarinet Hawk (talk · contributions) 16:19, 4 March 2009 (UTC)
This is the basis of the current argument against the picture as I see it:
"No relevance to SSB".
-To which I offer my counter argument:
"Relevance to SSB"
I'm not stating that I'm ultimately correct on this issue, but the situation is being handled very poorly.
-As for your comment, C-Hawk, I don't imagine you were simply being glib, though I'd say it was in poor taste, regardless. I have no intention of doing anything ban-worthy (though I'm unsure exactly what this would constitute, never having been banned), though I will certainly do whatever I may, as long as I feel it is reasonably justifiable. To that extent, I am now fully prepared to be banned.
As I grow more confident as an editor, I will move away from what you've so eloquently "paraphrased" as being "better safe than sorry". Re-uploading the image was hardly my idea of the best solution, and I assumed that there would be negative consequences, and that it would be unsuccessful; but I felt it was time for me to experiment with such a tactic. -And I don't regret doing so, as I've already learned a wealth about the results of such.
Upon reading this, I agree that a picture is relevant, however I think an external link is perfectly acceptable, especially since the resemblance could be totally coincidental. There's gotta be tons of monster turtles out there. Just like Puff isn't the only dragon. - Gargomon251 (talk) 03:17, 6 March 2009 (UTC)
- lolresearch. The "Kappa" is a monster of Japanese legend that Bowser was ironically modeled after. The Gamera could be modeled after that as well, making this entire argument pointless and the fact that they look alike somewhat of a coincidence :\ 03:50, 6 March 2009 (UTC)
03:57, 6 March 2009 (UTC)
- No one here has any intetion of banning you, Zixor. That fate is reserved for those actively disrupting the wiki. You're trying to help, even if we disagree with your reasoning.
- However, I must agree with some of the preceding points against your arguement. Gamera is not notable enough in relation to Smash to merit a picture. I'd say the same about Godzilla, Kappa, etc. in the same context.
- Also, why is it that so many users are caught up in this argument over one picture and many projects are incomplete and cleanups and stubs never improved? Miles (talk) 04:10, 6 March 2009 (UTC)
Okay, first off, "Relevance to SSB" isn't an argument, it's a statement. As of this time, you haven't -- as near as I can tell, anyway -- actually offered an argument (i.e. you've offered no substantiation for your claim that Gamera is relevant to SSB). So why don't we think about this logically, neh? The purpose of SmashWiki is to document the Smash universe, right? So, it stands to reason that a very basic definition of "relevancy" might be something akin to "any image of said universe," including stages, players, characters, etc. The beauty of that definition is that it's very clear-cut; anything that exists within the universe is in, everything else is out. Consider: if there were a pop culture reference to a movie, would we create an article about that movie? No, because the movie doesn't fit within the framework of SmashWiki; we'd probably link to Wikipedia, and that would be that. With that said, an image related to this particular trivia note is somewhat different than an article about a movie, since the purpose of the note is to establish that Bowser resembles Gamera, but the fact remains that Gamera does not actually exist in any context within the SSB universe, and that's reason enough to exclude the image, especially when we can achieve the same end result by providing a link to Wikipedia or, better yet, Godzilla Wiki, which includes an image of Gamera. There may be some relationship between Gamera and SSB, but, as FnW points out above, if we alter the definition of relevancy to include everything that is merely related to SSB in some fashion, you could argue that just about everything from Kappa to Newtonian Physics deserves an article. – Defiant Elements +talk 04:12, 6 March 2009 (UTC)
- I agree with this solution. Simply provide an image link to Gamera at the Godzilla Wiki. - Gargomon251 (talk) 04:24, 6 March 2009 (UTC)
- Seriously, make up your mind. Jesus Christ... 11:20, 6 March 2009 (UTC)
Ring ring. Did someone hear a sound? Oh right, that's me, your resident rhetorician-slash-captain obvious here to once again offer up my wisdom. As for the image, in how many languages do I have to say "No, it's not relevant." Just because it could have been something that a character was based off of doesn't mean that it gets an image. Do we have a picture of a wide mouth sea bass just because The Fish might like one if you had a lobotomy? No. Basically what I'm saying is that we are not putting that picture back up. Oh, and DE is right about you not actually arguing. All your doing is stating an opinion with no justifications for it. That doesn't fly. The argument might "boil down" to something, but that isn't the entirety of it. And don't counter with the whole, I want people to argue fairly. We are, you're just bad at arguing so it's no surprise when you lose your arguments, especially considering the point your arguing is demonstrably wrong. Clarinet Hawk (talk · contributions) 17:04, 6 March 2009 (UTC)
- If this doesn't end the discussion of the image, I don't know what will... (Thankslol) 19:52, 6 March 2009 (UTC)
Ouch, C-Hawk; It's always gotta be that way with you, huh? I wish you'd play nice for once. -Oh, and I know you hate apologies, but sorry for "whining", or "appealing to emotion" : ) [Is it any wonder why you and I disagree on everything?]
-It's true that I haven't yet offered an actual argument, as the opposing arguments were so insufficient that one was not required. That's no longer the case, so you'll be seeing one from me soon.
--and of course, by now, you should all should all have known this was coming:
It's not over because you say it's over. (-Though I don't doubt this will be interpreted incorrectly.) Zixor (talk) 22:58, 6 March 2009 (UTC)
- First let me apologize if I'm being rude or trollish. Second, how was anything (besides that one ban-threat) mean?
23:33, 6 March 2009 (UTC)
And I believe its "over" when someone brings forth the banhammer.23:37, 6 March 2009 (UTC)
- I lolttrolled. 09:21, 8 March 2009 (UTC)
u arkive 2 erly Edit
I apologize, but what type of computer do you use? You archive your talk page an awful lot quicker than the rest.00:04, 10 March 2009 (UTC)