- This article is about Mega Man's appearance in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. For other uses, see Mega Man.
|“||Mega Man's standard and special moves use weapons copied from the bosses he's fought throughout the Mega Man series, so he has more projectiles than any other fighter. His Final Smash now features Proto Man and Bass!||”|
|—Description from the Super Smash Blog.|
For his unlock battle, Mega Man will be fought at Wily Castle.
- 1 Attributes
- 2 Summary
- 3 Changes from SSBWU/3DS
- 4 Moveset
- 5 In competitive play
- 6 Role in World of Light
- 7 Palette Swaps
- 8 Gallery
- 9 External links
- Very versatile projectile game, making him a powerful zoning character.
- Short stature gives him small hurtboxes.
- Capable of wall jumping.
- Neutral Attack, Forward Tilt and Neutral Aerial have high priority, being able to stop many attacks and projectiles.
- Forward Tilt allows him to move while shooting Mega Buster.
- Up and Down Tilts are good for spacing and dealing with close-combat.
- Forward Smash has very good range.
- Good variety of multi-hit and single hit moves.
- All his Aerial Attacks are very fast and are disjointed hitboxes, with some also having transcending priority. Back Aerial is notable for being his fastest and strongest aerial attack, while Up Aerial has powerful windboxes allied with multi-hitboxes strong enough to kill opponents at low percentages near the upper blast line.
- His Down Aerial is a powerful ranged Meteor Smash.
- Good at edge-guarding and counter edge-guarding.
- Good vertical recovery.
- Using Jump Cancel Throw is extremely effective with Metal Blade.
- Lack of a proper Sex Kick Neutral Air for spacing.
- Not very good against fast characters that can pressure him or interrupt his projectiles.
- Few moves with KO Power aside his Smash Attacks and Up Tilt.
- Limited horizontal recovery, also quite predictable.
- Requires some proper spacing in order to be effective.
- All Smash Attacks have high ending lag.
- Neutral Attack, Forward Tilt, Neutral Aerial, Up Aerial and Forward Smash can be reflected, negated, or absorbed. This, along with his other ranged specials, makes Mega Man the character with the highest number of attacks that can be be used against him or completely nullified, giving Mega Man a huge disadvantage against these kind of opponents.
Changes from SSBWU/3DS
Grabs and Throws
- Mega Man's Final Smash, Mega Legends, now has Proto Man and Bass joining in with the rest of the Mega Men to unleash the multi-colored lasers.
- Neutral Attack: punch, plus fire with Mega Buster up to three times; hitstun decreases with distance
- Forward Tilt: Mega Buster shots; can use while moving
- Up Tilt: More damage up close, foes sent high into the air with blast
- Down Tilt: forward slide with low kick accompanied with launching struck foes in the air
- Dash Attack: multiple-hit spinning attack that knocks foes way at its end with an area-of-effect hit
- Forward Smash: charged Mega Buster blast, but is vulnerable during the charge-up portion
- Up Smash: two bolts of lightning delivered via lightning rods held above Mega Man's head; shocks opponents before launching them up
- Down Smash: flamethrowers blast down on both sides, igniting foes while launching them away; flames last for a good period of time
- Floor Attack (Front):
- Floor Attack (Back):
- Floor Attack (Trip):
- Ledge Attack:
- Neutral aerial: punch foe with Mega Buster, then follow with up to three shots
- Forward aerial: Flame Sword overhead slash; early hit sets foes on fire and knocks them away
- Back aerial: claw slashes with knockback; fastest air move, but high landing lag
- Up aerial: upward tornado attack, dragging foes up with it while damaging them
- Down aerial: fires Hard Knuckle down with meteor smash
Grabs and Throws
- Grab: good speed and range with Super Arm
- Forward Throw: standard
- Back Throw: standard
- Up Throw: standard
- Down Throw: most damaging of the throws
|Mega Man's Special Moves|
|Standard Special||Metal Blade|
|Side Special||Crash Bomber|
|Up Special||Rush Coil|
|Down Special||Leaf Shield|
|Final Smash||Mega Legends|
- Up Taunt: Turns around while showing his Mega Buster. May reference his appearance in his trailer.
- Down Taunt: Teleports away with a beam of light and comes back.
- Side Taunt: Adjusts his Mega Buster.
- Mega Man teleports down onto the stage while being enveloped by a beam of light; this is a reference to how Mega Man enters a Robot Master stage in his home series games.
In competitive play
To be added
Role in World of Light
Mega Man was among the fighters that were summoned to fight against the army of Master Hands.
During the opening cutscene, Mega Man was present on the cliffside when Galeem unleashed its beams of light. He was vaporized offscreen and placed under Galeem's imprisonment along with the other fighters, excluding Kirby. A puppet fighter cloned from him is later seen, alongside ones cloned from Mario, Shulk, Pikachu, Palutena, and other fighters.
Mega Man can be found near the entrance of the Base sub-area, guarded by the spirit of Sigma.