Mario Galaxy is a stage appearing in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate based on the Super Mario Galaxy series. It is mainly based on the Gateway Galaxy, the first planet visited in Super Mario Galaxy. The gravitation pulls the players to the centre of the stage. Rosalina & Luma are fought here for their unlocking battle in Ultimate.
The stage takes place on the top of a planet, meaning you can walk off stage by going too far to the sides. Because the gravitation in the centre always pulls you to the middle, your characters will fall down towards the core. The stage also has two platforms. In the background is the blue house, a few trees and a path leading to the foreground, where some flower beds and tree trunks can be seen. In the background are some other planets, but most notably are the Mario Starship steered by Lubba, and Bowser Jr.'s airship.
The Gateway Galaxy is one of the many galaxies from Super Mario Galaxy for the Wii. It serves as the opening level for the game. This is the first galaxy that is visited in the game and after Mario clears the first level in the galaxy, he won't be able to return here until he unlocks the Gate later on in the game. In the background (like Bowser's Star Reactor later on in the game), there are inaccessible Airships. If the player uses a flight hack and flies towards the ships, he or she will find the Airships are solid, but have no gravity. However, the camera is very glitchy while Mario or Luigi stands on the ships.
Songs in My Music
- Egg Planet (Remix) (Super Mario Galaxy)
- Rosalina in the Observatory / Luma's Theme
- Super Mario Galaxy
- Egg Planet (Original)
- Gusty Garden Galaxy
- Theme of SMG2 (Super Mario Galaxy 2)
- Sky Station
- Bowser's Galaxy Generator
- Fated Battle
- The Great Tower Showdown 2 (Super Mario 3D World)
- Champion Road
- The Grand Finale (Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story)
- Jergingha - Planet Destruction Form (The Wonderful 101)
- Mario Galaxy is the most used stage in event matches.
- Moving the camera inside a spaceship will allow players to see the interior.
- In Ultimate, the following Assist Trophies cannot be summoned here: Devil and Metroid. Additionally, neither Abra (due to there being walk-offs) nor Lugia can be summoned from Poké Balls here.