|“||Like Ness, Lucas is a young boy who uses PSI powers. Some of their PSI moves share the same names, but since Lucas has different abilities, the moves may work differently. Be sure to try them out! For his Final Smash, he calls down a shower of meteors along with Kumatora and Boney.||”|
|—Description from the Super Smash Blog.|
When unlocked, he is fought at New Pork City.
- 1 Attributes
- 2 Summary
- 3 Changes from SSBWU/3DS
- 4 Moveset
- 5 In competitive play
- 6 Classic Mode: Magic, Sacred Powers, and PSI!
- 7 Role in World of Light
- 8 Palette Swaps
- 9 Gallery
- 10 External links
- Fantastic edgeguarding game.
- Fast attack speed.
- Multiple disjointed hitboxes in aerials.
- Strong combo game with tilts and aerials.
- Strong smash attacks.
- Strong KO throws in his forward, back, and up throws.
- Powerful zoning game.
- Has a projectile absorber, which heals Lucas, and deals damage.
- Good recovery with Magnet Pull and PK Fire recoil. Also, PK Thunder goes a long distance.
- Sub-par mobility.
- His tether is the shortest in the game.
- Cannot contend with fast characters.
- Reliance of zoning can be overcome.
- Attacks require precision to successfully connect.
- PK Thunder can be gimped, even if pulled off successfully.
- Poor out of shield options.
Changes from SSBWU/3DS
- Lucas' Final Smash, PK Starstorm, has been changed to now include Kumatora and Boney.
- Lucas is more expressive than in Smash 4. His eyes bulge and grow more circular when he is hit.
- Lucas now has a new idle pose which shows him pointing to his forehead with his eyes closed with his leading hand then waves it in front of him. This replaces his old idle pose where he waves his fists in front of him.
Grabs and Throws
- PK Freeze no longer puts Lucas into a helpless state when used in the air.
- A small arrow will appear to point Lucas' launching direction when PK Thunder is close to him.
- Neutral Attack: Lucas punches forth once, then a second time, and then kicks forwards.
- Forward Tilt: Lucas swings one arm forwards, with PSI energy trailing behind his hand.
- Up Tilt: Lucas kicks upwards, with PSI energy bursting from his foot.
- Down Tilt: Lucas kicks across the floor.
- Dash Attack: Lucas slams one hand forwards, PSI energy surging from his palm.
- Forward Smash: Lucas swings a stick forwards in front of himself; the stick will reflect projectiles that it hits.
- Up Smash (PK Smash Geyser): Lucas releases a large explosion of PSI energy above himself; is the strongest up smash in the game.
- Down Smash (PK Blow): Lucas blasts several bursts of PSI energy into the floor in front of himself.
- Floor Attack (Front):
- Floor Attack (Back):
- Floor Attack (Trip):
- Ledge Attack:
- Neutral aerial: Lucas surrounds himself with PSI energy and spins around.
- Forward aerial: Lucas kicks forwards, PSI energy bursting from his foot.
- Back aerial (PK Meteor Kick): Lucas does a backflip, kicking in a downwards arc behind himself with PSI energy trailing behind his leg.
- Up aerial: Lucas headbutts upwards.
- Down aerial (PK Foot Stomp): Lucas stomps downwards four times, PSI energy blasting from his feet with each stomp.
Grabs and Throws
- Pummel: Lucas headbutts the opponent.
- Forward Throw: Lucas uses PSI to hurl the enemy away.
- Back Throw: Lucas uses PSI to hurl the enemy away.
- Up Throw: Lucas uses PSI to hurl the enemy upwards.
- Down Throw: Lucas smashes the opponent into the ground, burying them, and then pulls them out of the ground and tosses them upwards.
|Lucas's Special Moves|
|Standard Special||PK Freeze|
|Side Special||PK Fire|
|Up Special||PK Thunder|
|Down Special||PSI Magnet|
|Final Smash||PK Starstorm|
- Up Taunt: Lucas falls down purposefully.
- Down Taunt: He waves his finger using PSI particles.
- Side Taunt: Lucas and Duster’s Rope Snake have a brief conversation, while Lucas shrugs.
Hops off a walking table.
In competitive play
To be added
Classic Mode: Magic, Sacred Powers, and PSI!
To be added
Role in World of Light
Although Lucas does not appear in the World of Light opening cutscene, he was vaporized and later imprisoned alongside the rest of the fighters (sans Kirby) when Galeem unleashed his beams of light.
Lucas can be found on a village covered in fog as a callback to his home of Tazmily Village, after defeating either the Ashley or Min Min spirit.