|This Super Smash Bros. related article or section is a stub. You can help Smashpedia by expanding it.|
The following is a list of all taunts in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.
Banjo & Kazooie
- Twirls around like a ballet dancer, then strikes a pose with both arms over her head, saying "If you need to learn how to talk to a lady, ask your mum."
- Gracefully spins around, then points both guns directly in front of her, saying "New 'do, dead you."
- Performs a broad back step, looks away from her opponent one moment, then looks back.
- Throws his head back, spinning it in a circle, and roars.
- Snaps furiously forward three times.
- Balances precariously on one leg, similar to his teetering animation.
Bowser Jr. and Koopalings
- Jumps up, sits on the edge of the Junior Clown Car, and makes a tiny breath of fire, chuckling.
- Bowser Jr. twirls his hammer, while the Koopalings twirl their wands.
- The Clown Car spawns its wheels and performs a donut, then returns to normal.
- Charges himself up with fire, similar to a Falcon Punch.
- Holds out his hand and shouts, "Come on!"
- Faces the camera, salutes and exclaims "Show me your moves!" This taunt is notable for having a different animation depending on whether the character is facing right or left; Falcon will finish the taunt faster if he faces the left.
- Swings the Falchion and strikes a pose, saying "Come at me!".
- Swings the Falchion and forwards it, saying "Come on!".
- Twirls the Falchion, then places it on his hand, saying "I will not fail!".
- Twirls his Buster Sword and places behind his back, referencing his victory animation from Final Fantasy VII, while saying 興味ないね, which translates to "Not interested".
- Places his Buster Sword on his back, places his hands together, and mimics the casting animation from Final Fantasy VII, complete with the sound effect and the glow.
- Stands his Buster Sword on its tip and poses in a casual manner while scoffing.
- Puts his/her head down and puts it back up while it's in its dragon form while the male version says "My path is clear!" and the female version says "Let's do this!".
- Twirls the Omega Yato and the male version says "I've made my choice." while the female says "Your fate is clear."
- Twirls the Omega Yato over his/her head and places it on its tip and the male variation says "Are you ready?" but the female says "You ready for this?".
- Cheerfully raises her fist upwards, saying "Woo-hoo!"
- Spins around and flashes her V-Sign, saying "Yeah!"
- Puts her hands on her hips while looking at the camera and says "Huh!"
- Points the Silver Bow forward and waves it upwards twice, saying "Who wants some?".
- Swings the Silver Bow around in circles and waves one of blades, saying "Watch out!".
- Waves and points the Silver Bow forward, saying "Game On!".
- Hovers in her standing position while her Phazon Suit glows with blue flames.
- Spins around while hovering and glowing with blue flames.
- Crouches and her Arm Cannon twinkles.
- Throws his cap up in the air and catches it on his head.
- Holds his hands in front of him, chattering.
- Jumps from one foot to the other, clapping his hands above his head.
- Beats his chest.
- Shakes himself, as if his fur was wet.
- Faces the camera and shrugs his shoulders, making a confused noise.
- Grinds his shoe on the ground.
- Throws a pill up in the air along his arm, before catching it.
- Taps himself on the shoulder with a closed fist.
- The dog performs a frontal hand stand, while the duck negatively responds to it.
- The dog lays on its side and does its infamous laugh, while the duck flies next to it.
- The dog stands on its back legs and does a dance.
- Kicks his reflector around and says "Piece of cake." before catching it.
- Holds out his hand and slowly raises it, saying "Come on!"
- Spins on one foot, then poses with one of his arms/wings before him, stating "Hands off my prey!" whilst doing so.
- Charges up with flames, like with his Fire Fox move, and says "Let's go!".
- Throws and catches his blaster.
- Leans back and states "Come at me!" whilst waving his hand.
- Hovers in mid-air and spins before laughing menacingly.
- Slams his fist into his open palm and cracks his knuckles, creating dark flames and saying "Heh!"
- Takes out the Sword of Six Sages which emits darkness from the tip, and then puts it back.
- Strikes a ninja pose.
- Whips its tongue side to side.
- Holds out its hands, faces the screen, and summons small sprays of water. Both of the water can deal small damage.
- Put their hammers down and jump up and down once, as they did when they completed a level in their game.
- Swing their hammers forward saying "Yo!" as their clothes sway to the wind.
- Jump around in a circle happily.
- Holds Ragnell close to him in a charging stance, grunting loudly.
- Holds Ragnell to the side and says "Prepare yourself!"
- Plants Ragnell into the ground and grunts. Path of Radiance Ike does a confident smile during this taunt, but Radiant Dawn Ike remains serious.
- Points to the sky as its flame belt ignites.
- Pounds its chest, then raises its fist triumphantly.
- Kneels and poses with its arms out.
- Raises her/his Splattershot several times into the air in a celebratory cheer. Based off of the "Come On/This Way" signal from Splatoon and Splatoon 2.
- Fires her/his Splattershot into the air with one hand while making a "gun" sign with her/his other hand.
- Jumps happily on the spot while smiling. Based off of the "Booyah" signal from Splatoon and Splatoon 2.
- Waves her hand at the camera.
- Claps in place.
- Dances and jumps for joy.
- Spins around on one foot, then looks at the camera inflated, saying "Jigglypuff!"
- Twirls around many times, then poses (similar to Kirby's side taunt, except it twirls faster).
- Breathes all the air out of itself and falls to the ground, flattened. It inflates itself upon contact. Similar to its fainting animation in home-console Pokémon games, such as Pokémon Stadium and Battle Revolution.
- Gives the player a thumbs up, saying "Yeah!"
- Punches his own palm and forwards his fist, saying "Get serious!"
- Waves his finger and says "Bring it on!"
- Holds up his hammer in celebration.
- Twirls his hammer and laughs.
- Spins around in a circle, chanting.
King K. Rool
- Snaps furiously forward four times, similar to Bowser's side taunt.
- Slaps his belly once in amusement.
- Does a sumo-esque stomp.
- Strikes a pose.
- Does a twirl, similar to the action he does when selected to play in Super Smash Bros.
- Waves toward the screen and says "Hi!".
- Swings the Master Sword, then sheathes and unsheathes it.
- Holds the Master Sword close to him as it glows.
- Performs a pose whereby he stands on one leg and holds the Master Sword in an attack position.
- Turns his back to the screen, bends down, then raises his fist triumphantly. Sometimes, Doc Louis will chime in and say "Hit 'em, baby!"
- Adjusts his boxing gloves while crossing his fists and scoffing. Sometimes, Doc Louis will chime in and say "Let 'em have it, Mac!"
- Performs a series of punches while facing the screen. Sometimes, Doc Louis will chime in and say "Show 'em what you got, Mac baby!"
- Floats in mid-air and growls, emitting aura from his body.
- Holds one hand forward and one behind its back.
- Stands on one foot and holds one hand in mid-air. This taunt is very similar to one of Link's.
- Trips over and shakes his head, similar to his pratfall animation.
- His Rope Snake comes out and talks to him.
- Holds out a sparkle and fires it behind him.
- Swings the Parallel Falchion and strikes a pose, saying "Come at me!".
- Turns around and sheathes the Parallel Falchion, saying "I cannot lose!"
- Puts on her mask, then takes it off her face.
- Performs five quick poses, one after another. When switching from pose to pose he says, "Ho Haa Hee Hay Hoo".
- Luigi flashes a V-Sign.
- Luigi clicks his fingers imitating guns, while looking to the right.
- Luigi takes on a thinking pose, his eyes looking offscreen. This pose is, in some respects, similar to his Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time artwork.
- Crouches down to the floor with his back turned to the player.
- Luigi assumes his trophy position from the SSE, but with his left leg slightly raised and his eyes closed. This pose also resembles his artwork from Luigi's Mansion.
- Stands straight up with hands on hips, falls forward stiff on the floor, then seems to balance himself back up again. He says something that resembles "Pow pow". This is also one of his victory poses from Melee and the pose in his SSB4 artwork.
- Crosses his arms behind his back and performs a small, shy kick, along with a bashful "Hm". The kick can damage an opponent if it connects, acting as a meteor smash; in this game, Luigi's taunt is the strongest meteor smash at 0%, due to its fixed knockback. However, its pitiful range and slow startup severely limits its effectiveness. It is similar to his pose when he loses a minigame in Mario Party 2.
- Gives the player a thumbs up and smiles.
- Throws Cappy around and puts him back on his head.
- Jumps, spins, and falls on his back onto the ground.
- Holds up Falchion, emitting light from the tip, saying "This is it!".
- Furiously swings Falchion before sheathing it, saying "I won't lose!".
- Swings Falchion around and says "Keep your eyes open!".
- Shows off the Mega Buster, then pumps his fist.
- Turns his back to the screen and poses.
- Warps out, then back in.
- Spins around, similar to his entrance animation.
- Points Galaxia forward, says "Fight me!" and waves it a few times.
- Opens his wings and challenges "Come!". If he performs it facing left, he will look at the background instead, as characters in Smash 64 did.
- Crosses its arms and spins in mid-air, laughing.
- Charges up dark energy, similar to Lucario's up taunt.
- Faces the camera and holds its left/right hand towards the screen, radiating dark energy from its hand.
- Flips, then performs a crane pose.
- Moves their fists in front of them in an "X" motion, before punching downwards and swinging an open hand towards their own faces.
- Punches twice towards the screen.
- Points arm cannon in two directions.
- Hold the arm cannon with their hand and cocks it down.
- Thrusts with the arm cannon on the ground.
- Throws sword in the air, spins, and catches sword similar to what Fox does with his blaster in one of his taunts.
- Twirls sword, then holds it in reverse grip behind.
- Performs a pose similar to one of Link's taunts. Also sets them back a little.
Mr. Game & Watch
- Rings his bell above his body.
- Rings his bell in front of him.
- Sits down and sighs.
- Faces the camera, nods and says "OK!"
- Holds out his baseball bat.
- Fires a series of sparkles in front of him, grunting.
Olimar and Alph
- Jumps up and down.
- Lies on the floor and rolls around slightly.
- Swings his hips.
- Namco Roulette: Pac-Man randomly summons one of the following Namco characters, each making a sound from their game, though some of them sounds different than in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS/Wii U:
- Clovis from Dragon Buster
- Don-Chan from Taiko no Tatsujin
- A fighter from Bosconian
- Galaxip from Galaxian
- Gilgamesh from The Tower of Druaga
- A car from Rally X
- A Paccet from Baraduke
- A Pooka from Dig Dug
- Red Baron from Sky Kid
- A Secret Fighter from Gaplus
- Topcup from Libble Rabble
- King from King & Balloon
- A ghost when turned blue from Pac-Man
- Andor Genesis from Xevious
- A runner from Metro-Cross
- Valkyrie from Valkyrie no Densetsu
- The Prince from Katamari Damacy
- Heihachi Mishima from Tekken
- Turns into his classic design and briefly moves side to side.
- Lays on the ground while fairies and music notes appear above his head.
- Spreads out her wings, while showing her goddess icon and says, "You shall be purified!".
- Puts her staff down on the ground, spins around it with one leg up, and laughs.
- Smiles, tosses her hair as her staff hovers, and her goddess icon flashes while saying, "Ready when you are!"
- Takes out her umbrella and twirls it above her head, saying "Sweet!"
- Dances, singing "La la la la la la" in a taunting fashion.
- Winks while a heart pops out, saying "Uh-huh!".
- Charges up its cheeks with electricity and glares at the screen, but gets dizzy for overcharging it, saying "Piiiiii-chu..."
- Jumps up and down once, chanting "Pichu!"
- Lies on the ground and cuddles around, chanting "Pichu!"
- Charges up his/her cheeks with electricity and glares at the screen, saying "Piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii..."
- Waves at the camera, yelling "Pika Pikaaaaaa!"
- Lies on the ground, curls and rolls around, saying "Pikaaaaaaaaaaaaa!"
- Crosses the separated the Palutena Bow above his head and says "Come on!"
- Swings the Palutena Bow and says "Is that all you got?"
- Opens his wings and starts ascending.
- Strikes a pose with his/her Poke Ball, saying "Alright!"
- Thrust his/her fist in the direction of that taunt.
- Says "Yay!", then the male version pumps his left fist and winks, while the female version jumps up and down while thrusting her fist.
- Jumps and does a backflip in mid-air, before chanting "Squirt!"
- Spins around with its tail and almost loses its balance, saying "Squirtle, Squirt!"
- Withdraws into its shell and spins around before coming back out.
- Shakes itself, spinning its bulb.
- Stands on its front legs and walks around in circle, saying "Ivy, Ivy, Ivy!"
- Throws out its vines and spins, saying "Saur! Ivy, Ivy!"
- Does a standing position.
- Flies around and roars.
- Roars very loudly.
- Raises his hand in the air with an open palm, referencing his Grand Cross in the opening of Rondo of Blood, leading into the pose from his render while saying "It's time!".
- Pulls out his whip and straightens the chain, a reference to a piece of artwork shown in the official guide for Rondo of Blood.
- Tightens his glove while saying "Prepare yourself!"
- Roars and strikes a menacing pose, flapping his wings rapidly.
- Spins in a circle, finishing in a celebrating pose.
- Straightens up his body as if noticing something, before easing up while slightly smiling. His body lets out a noticeable crackle as he stands upright.
- Faces the camera and spins his arms and head in a circle.
- Faces the camera and moves his head around, firing a small laser from his eyes.
- Faces the camera, moves his arms down and then moves them back up again, spinning them whilst he does so.
- Points the Levin Sword/Bronze Sword upwards while saying, "Let's tip the scales!" Female Robin says, "Time to tip the scales!"
- Levitates the Levin Sword/Bronze Sword and tome from each hand while saying, "Prepare yourself!".
- Uses magic to have the Levin Sword/Bronze Sword and tome encircle around him/her saying, "You're not ready!" Female Robin says, "Here I go!"
Rosalina & Luma
- Lean forward and spin, like a planet on its axis.
- Puts her hand on her hip, leans back, and waves her wand,and says "Mm-hmm"; Luma nods its head.
- Waves her wand up, similarly to when she summons Luma; Luma dances around.
- Turns towards the screen and holds Sword of Seals above his head.
- Holds the Sword of Seals in a reverse grip in front of him, saying "I won't lose!"
- Leans back and holds the Sword of Seals in a reverse grip behind him while shouting a battle cry.
- Reties his headband while stating "Come on!"
- Holds his first forwards, and declares "Talk is cheap!"
- Stomps on the ground and grunts.
- Thrusts her hand behind her while the jets on her back light up.
- Part of her Arm Cannon comes out, with the Zero Laser mechanism shown.
- Points her Arm Cannon behind her, then in front of her.
- Stands on one hand.
- Pulls out her Chain.
- Performs a threatening pose with her right hand before her face.
- Holds out his right hand and says while shaking his head, "Now it's Shulk time!"
- Fistpumps with his left hand and says, "I'm really feeling it!"
- Activates the Monado, poses with it, and says, "This is the Monado's power!"
- Holds the Vampire Killer in the air, coiled up.
- Holds the Vampire Killer lengthwise and spins it around himself twice.
- Cracks the Vampire Killer on the ground next to him, saying "Come!"
- Hides in a cardboard box, which is a method of hiding in the Metal Gear series. All three of his taunts are variations of this. His up taunt is fastest to cancel, his down taunt being slowest and his side taunt is between them speed-wise. The box has a damaging hitbox after Snake stands back up and throws it off himself. Any character can remove Snake's cardboard box and throw it in any direction, and it counts as a heavy item.
- Does a backflip and poses, tutting. The pose originates from a piece of official artwork for Sonic Adventure.
- Looks at the camera and runs in place, chanting "Sonic Speed!"
- Performs a windmill move, chanting "Come on!"
- Waves the Wind Waker, conducting a tune at the end, which is the same tune heard after completing a song in The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker.
- Sheathes the Master Sword and Hero's Shield, and stares at a Wind Waker-styled fairy flying around him.
- Swings the Master Sword around in a blind panic, so much so it tires him out and he gasps for breath.
- Gets on his/her tiptoes and cheers, putting his/her hands up, three times.
- Does a little dance (the Shrunk Funk Shuffle), waving his/her arms and feet around.
- Pokes the ground with a stick.
- Laughs so hard he unhinges his jaw and has to close it using his hands.
- Wiggles his posterior at the screen, laughing.
- Performs various three-fingered salutes, chanting "Wa! Wa! Wa!"
- Wario laughs and faces the screen and does his signature "W" sign at the screen with both hands and then picks his nose with one hand. This taunt can only be done if Wario is riding his motorcycle.
Wii Fit Trainer
- Stretches her/his arms above her/his head and says, "Let's get a good stretch."
- Stretches her/his shoulders and says, "Stretch those shoulders."
- Sits down and stretches her/his legs and says, "Let's stretch our legs."
- Leans his head back and howls.
- Waves his hands and says "Are you scared?"
- Kneels down, slaps one hand on the ground and snarls.
- Dances around in a circle, chanting "Yoshi!" as he finishes.
- Chases his tail in circles, then lifts up an arm as he finishes.
- Yoshi faces the camera and jumps up and down while chanting.
- Holds his Kokiri Sword above his head.
- Summons Navi to fly out in front of him, then returns. This is similar to Link's side taunt taunt from Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U.
- Takes out a bottle of Lon Lon Milk, drinks it, and then wipes his mouth.
- Swings her arm around, magic coming from her hand.
- Faces the screen and puts her hands together, creating a small flame.
- Waves while laughing cheerfully.
Zero Suit Samus
- Throws and catches her paralyzer, saying "Is that all?"
- Lashes out with her plasma whip and challenges "Try me!"
- Spins her plasma whip around her body, saying "You're mine."
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.