|“||Kirby's ability to copy fighters is totally unique! While he is light and can be launched easily, he can also jump up to five times in the air, so he has great recovery. Look for his new Stone transformation, too.||”|
|—Description from the Super Smash Blog.|
Kirby is a veteran fighter in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, first playable in Super Smash Bros. He was confirmed to return on June 12, 2018 during E3 2018, and is the first protagonist of World of Light. His fighter number is #6.
- 1 Attributes
- 2 Summary
- 3 Changes from SSBWU/3DS
- 4 Moveset
- 5 In competitive play
- 6 In Spirit Battles
- 7 Palette Swaps
- 8 Gallery
- 9 External links
- Excellent recovery, with 6 jumps, tied with Jigglypuff and Meta Knight.
- Small hurtbox makes him difficult to hit.
- Very low crouch.
- Slightly above-average dash speed.
- Can do Up Tilt combos on fast-falling characters at low percents.
- Has two Sex Kicks with Neutral Aerial and Back Aerial.
- Inhale allows him to copy the opponent's Neutral Special, granting him versatility and helping to cover weaknesses.
- Both Hammer Flip and Final Cutter have Transcending Priority in their hitboxes.
- Hammer Flip can lead to low percentage KO's if fully charged. It also inflicts considerable shield damage.
- Final Cutter grants him an additional jump and a projectile, being also a decent tool for combos.
- Stone has strong Super Armor and invincibility frames at the start, and inflicts considerable shield damage. It cannot be cancelled by opponents, allowing easy hits on enemies below you and can be manually cancelled in mid-air to confuse enemies.
- Down Aerial and the second hit of Final Cutter can both Meteor Smash.
- Light, making him easy to KO.
- Poor defense against projectiles.
- Very low multijump height.
- Somewhat weak neutral attacks, making it hard to launch opponents. He also has limited KO moves.
- Very slow air speed and falling speed.
- Low range on most attacks.
- Predictable and linear recovery.
- Low priority on many attacks.
- Very few moves that are safe on shield.
- Hammer Flip deals recoil damage to Kirby the longer it is charged after reaching full charge. It is also very predictable and has considerable lag.
Changes from SSBWU/3DS
- Kirby's Dash attack has been changed to the one he had in Super Smash Bros. Melee.
- Kirby no longer falls off the edge when using this move.
- All of his aerials have less ending lag.
Grabs and Throws
- Stone now has a new form resembling a Sheikah treasure chest from The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.
- Stone also has a faster start-up.
- If Kirby copies an opponent, he will do a brief pose, which references his games where he does the same.
- Kirby now can Inhale opponent projectiles to heal himself. He can now also spit them out as stars.
- Neutral Attack: Kirby throws a jab, and then a second jab with the other hand, and finally unleashes a flurry of punches that end in a stronger one.
- Forward Tilt: Kirby does a side kick; can be angled up and down.
- Up Tilt: Kirby kicks in an upwards path behind himself, hitting behind and above.
- Down Tilt (Squish Kick): Kirby kicks low to the ground.
- Dash Attack (Burning): Kirby dashes forward in a fiery spinning headbutt.
- Forward Smash: Kirby lunges forwards with a powerful kick.
- Up Smash: Kirby does a backflip, kicking overhead.
- Down Smash: Kirby performs a splits kick and spins around.
- Floor Attack (Front):
- Floor Attack (Back):
- Floor Attack (Trip):
- Ledge Attack: Quickly climbs the ledge and kicks in front of him.
- Neutral aerial: Kirby spins around, limbs extended.
- Forward aerial: Kirby kicks forwards three times.
- Back aerial: Kirby kicks backward with both of his feet.
- Up aerial: Kirby kicks overhead.
- Down aerial: Kirby does a downwards drill kick with multiple potential hits.
Grabs and Throws
- Pummel: Kirby punches the opponent with his free hand.
- Forward Throw: Based on Pile Driver from Kirby's Suplex ability. Kirby leaps upwards with the opponent, flips with them in the air, and then body slams them on the ground.
- Back Throw: Based on German Suplex from Kirby's Suplex ability. Kirby backflips with the opponent, slamming them on the ground.
- Up Throw: Based on Air Drop from Kirby's Ninja ability. Kirby leaps up off the top of the screen with the opponent and then comes back down, slamming the opponent on the ground.
- Down Throw: Based on Fury Stomp from Kirby's Suplex ability. Kirby lays the opponent on the ground then rapidly stomps on them multiple times, finishing with a body slam.
|Kirby's Special Moves|
|Side Special||—||Hammer||Hammer Flip|
|Up Special||Final Cutter|
|Final Smash||—||Cook Kirby||Ultra Sword|
- Up Taunt: Raises a hand, throws out a star, and poses with a smile.
- Down Taunt: Looks at the screen waving with both hands while saying "Hi!".
- Side Taunt: Spins around and poses with a kick.
*Performing any taunt will discard Kirby's current Copy Ability if he has one.
- Crashes to the ground on a warp star, spins in the air and lands successfully.
- He feels tired.
- He looks to the other side.
Kirby summons two copies of himself when he is alone in the victory screen, resembling the victory dances from his original games. The copies disappear at the end of the dance.
- Jumps twice, walks back while waving his arms, spins and then finishes it with a pose.
- Does a flip and faces away from the screen briefly, then jumps and flips towards the screen again, and holds his hand up.
- Performs two sliding walks, spins, does a slide kick and poses similar to his Brawl artwork.
In competitive play
In Spirit Battles
As the Main Opponent
- Bob-omb (x3)
- King Bob-omb (Giant)
- Piantas (x8)
- Luma (x4)
- Lubba (Giant)
- Viruses (x3)
- X Parasite (x3)
- Star Rod (x4)
- Robobot Armor (Metal; x4)
- Whispy Woods (x5)
- Nightmare’s Power Orb (Giant)
- Waddle Dee (x4)
- Waddle Doo (x3)
- Scarfy (x4)
- Rocky (Metal)
- Prince Fluff
- Dugtrio (x3)
- Geodude (x4)
- Diancie (Reflect; x2)
- Pyukumuku (x4)
- Nihilego (x3)
- White Pikmin
- Rock Pikmin
- Unira (x4)
- Tomatrio (x3)
- Magkid (x4)
- Qbby (x4)
As a Minion
- Shine Sprite (x3)
- Hungry Luma
- Fighting Alloy Team (x4)
- Devil (x2)
- Munchy Monk (Tiny; x3)
- Dr. Lobe (x3)
- Clip & Snip
- River Survival