- This article is about King Dedede's appearance in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. For other uses, see King Dedede.
|“||He's not very fast, but he's one of few heavyweight fighters with great recovery. Apparently, his first defeat by Kirby inspired him to train hard to learn a move called Hovering, which allows him to float after taking a deep breath.||”|
|—Description from the Super Smash Blog.|
When he challenges the player, he is fought at Fountain of Dreams.
- 1 Attributes
- 2 Summary
- 3 Changes from SSBWU/3DS
- 4 Moveset
- 5 In competitive play
- 6 Palette Swaps
- 7 Gallery
- 8 External links
- Very high weight.
- Powerful smash attacks that cover great range.
- All of his attacks save for Up Tilt, Down Tilt, Neutral Aerial, and Dash Attack have disjointed hitboxes.
- All Smash Attacks, Neutral Aerial, Jet Hammer and Super Dedede Jump have transcending priority.
- Forward Tilt has the highest range of all in the whole game.
- Very strong dash attack.
- Decent standard ground and aerial attacks which have good damage and range.
- Powerful combo throw potential.
- Has many attacks that inflict high shield damage.
- Has one of the highest vertical recoveries in the game.
- Can perform sacrificial KO's with Inhale.
- Gordo Toss can be launched at different speeds and angles, forcing opponents to be on their guard. If it hits a ledge corner it can be stuck for a few seconds, making it useful for edge guarding.
- Jet Hammer can land KOs at early percentages, especially when fully charged.
- Down Aerial and Super Dedede Jump can Meteor Smash.
- Inhale can be used to inhale most projectiles.
- Large frame, having big hurtboxes.
- Not many attacks with super amor frames.
- Poor frame data.
- Although he can jump four times in a row, the slow speed makes his horizontal recovery very poor.
- Very slow running speed.
- Considerable lag on his most powerful attacks.
- High landing lag in most aerials.
- Very high falling speed, which combined with his massive size makes him an easy combo target.
- Has problem dealing with other zoners and campers.
- His Smash Attacks are slow. Additionally Forward and Up Smashes deal very low knockback if they hit on the sourspots on the handle.
- Predictable recovery. Also, Dedede becomes helpless if the player cancels Super Dedede Jump, leaving him extremely vulnerable.
- Super Dedede Jump, while providing massive vertical recovery, will not allow Dedede to cling onto ledges even if he is within range of one.
- Gordo Toss has low priority, and can be easily reflected back at Dedede by pretty much any attack in the game.
Changes from SSBWU/3DS
- Down tilt can move left or right no matter the direction he faces when he crouches.
Grabs and Throws
- King Dedede can now inhale Gordos he has thrown via Gordo Throw.
- His Final Smash has been changed to a cage match where Masked Dedede fires missiles at the player, and then knocks them out of the cage with a hammer.
- Neutral Attack: two swing hammer attack; third strike culminates into a spinning hammer attack with launch - hold down button to extend duration
- Forward Tilt: spins hammer head with a lunge attack
- Up Tilt: headbutt upwards
- Down Tilt: starts from reclining position to tumble forward
- Dash Attack (Belly Flop): A belly flop that is slow, but hits hard.
- Forward Smash: long, slow overhead smash with high damage
- Up Smash: front to back hammer swing that launches foes hit
- Down Smash: low hammer swing that hits in front and behind
- Floor Attack (Front):
- Floor Attack (Back):
- Floor Attack (Trip):
- Ledge Attack:
- Neutral aerial: Spread-eagle fall
- Forward aerial: downward hammer strike
- Back aerial: sideways hammer swing with knockback
- Up aerial: upward hammer strike made by spinning hammer head
- Down aerial: downward hammer smash
Grabs and Throws
- Grab: one of the slowest
- Forward Throw: standard, can strike other with thrown foe
- Back Throw: standard, can strike other with thrown foe
- Up Throw: standard
- Down Throw: standard
|King Dedede's Special Moves|
|Side Special||Waddle Dee Toss||Gordo Throw|
|Up Special||Super Dedede Jump|
|Down Special||Jet Hammer|
|Final Smash||Waddle Dee Army||Dedede Burst||Dede-Rush|
- Up Taunt:
- Down Taunt:
- Side Taunt:
His slaves carry him into battle.
In competitive play
To be added
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.