Kalos Pokémon League is a stage appearing in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and returns in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. The stage is based on Pokémon X and Y and takes place in the Pokémon League of the Kalos region.
The stage features 5 chambers of the Kalos Pokémon League: the Normal Chamber, Dragonmark Chamber, Ironworks Chamber, Flood Chamber, and Blazing Chamber. The chamber of the stage changes mid-match, returning to the Normal Chamber before changing to the next chamber. The stage also features Pokémon of the type of Chamber where the Elite Four are in the background.
Every chamber in the stage has a special property, forcing the players to adjust their strategy for each chamber:
Two giant swords fall from above and get stuck in the floor, the swords' hilts can be used as platforms and be hit to make them sink more. Also, a strange metallic-looking pool will appear in the middle and any character that touches it will become metal just as if they had hit a Metal Box. Registeel will appear sometimes and use Earthquake on the ground hitting all player on the ground similar to POW Block and make the giant swords swing out spinning and hitting the airborne fighter.
Two platforms exist on each side of the main platform and are lifted up into the air by giant flames that do damage to all fighters. Occasionally, flames will appear off of the main platform. Ho-Oh will appear occasionally and use its Sacred Fire attack which increases the height of the fire and will summon more fire.
The main platform is connected by two bridges that go from one side of the screen to the other side. There will also be two smaller platforms in the air, being sustained by chains. The big hazard here is the stream of water that passes through the stage, dragging any player along with it, possibly resulting in a KO. Manaphy will appear sometimes and use Whirlpool which will drag any player down to its centre, resulting in a KO.
There are diagonal smaller platforms in this chamber and the dragon statue in the background will occasionally summon purple flames across the main platform, damaging any player. Rayquaza will appear every once in awhile by flying across the screen and heavily damaging any player.
In Pokémon X and Y, the Pokémon League is a large building located at the end of Victory Road in the Kalos Region, which can only be accessed by the player after they collect all eight Gym Badges. The League is split into six chambers, one being the entrance into the league, four of them host one of the Elite Four, and the last is for the Champion.
The Dragonmark Chamber
The Blazing Chamber
The Ironworks Chamber
The Flood Chamber
Songs in My Music
- Battle! (Trainer Battle) (Pokemon X / Pokemon Y)
- Battle! (Champion) / Champion Cynthia
- Route 10
- N's Castle Medley
- Battle! (Reshiram/Zekrom)
- Route 23
- Battle! (Team Flare)
- Pokemon Center (Pokemon Red / Pokemon Blue)
- Battle! (Team Galactic)
- Route 209 (Pokemon Diamond / Pokemon Pearl)
- Battle! (Dialga/Palkia) / Spear Pillar
- Battle! (Wild Pokemon) (Pokemon X / Pokemon Y)
- Victory Road (Pokemon X / Pokemon Y)
- Battle! (Champion) (Pokemon X / Pokemon Y)
- This is the third stage announced for the Wii U version of Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U that has elements from a handheld game, the first being the Pilotwings Resort themed areas of Wuhu Island (but also in Wii Sports Resort), and the second being Palutena's Temple.
- This stage includes only 5 of the 6 chambers in the Kalos Pokémon League in Pokémon X and Y. The missing chamber is the Radiant Chamber where the Champion, Diantha, resides.