The Jyk is a non-sentient spike ball that either stays in one place or moves in a predetermined path. Jyks possess an elemental aura that changes depending on their environment, but there are no differences between the variants other than appearance:
- Jyks with a red, fire-like aura appear in caverns and ruins.
- Jyks with a violet, electrified aura appear in the sky and in mechanized areas.
- Jyks with a blue, water-like aura appear near lakes, rivers, and frozen tundra.
Jyks are immune to all attacks and therefore cannot be destroyed, making them more like an obstacle than an enemy. Therefore, you also cannot capture one with a trophy stand; one must clear Boss Battles with twenty characters to get the Jyk trophy.
A six-spiked enemy. Attacking a Jyk will do no damage, as they can't be defeated. But you'd better believe that a Jyk will deal out damage to you if you get too close. This foe epitomizes player-hindering obstacles--it gets in your way... and it hurts. It definitely isn't thought fondly of by the characters in the game. It may have something to do with its SHARP SPIKES! Ouch.
- Though Jyks are called out for their spikes in the trophy description, it is the Jyk's core that deals damage, not their spikes.
- Despite being invincible, Jyks will display a health bar when you attack them. The bar appears completely empty, as the game considers them to have a health of -1. To destroy an enemy, its health needs to get to zero, and if its health is negative, it can't get to zero, as it loses health, not gains.
- The criteria of the type of Jyk that appear is similar to that of Glire and Glice.